Smart Bulb Recommendations

I’m looking to add a few smart bulbs for locations in my house where a smart switch doesn’t make sense (lamps, pull switches). I’m not looking to do anything fancy, just to control dimming and ideally keep the price per bulb below $10. There were a few older threads out there but with how fast things seem to change I figured it was worth asking if anyone has any recommendations for bulbs that worked well for them.

I have a Sonoff ZBridge using Zigbee2Tasmota so I should be able to use any Zigbee bulbs. I know Z2T can be complex to set up for lights and bulbs so I’m not sure if I want to go down that path or not, but if there’s a good deal to be had I can muddle through. :slight_smile:

I’ve also noticed that Wifi bulbs seem to be cheaper than Zigbee at this point. It seems like not all Wifi bulbs will work with HA though. It looks like maybe I could find some cheap, Tuya-based bulbs and use those.

Any suggestions?

Don‘t know if IKEA is present in the US, but their Trådfri devices are cheap and great.

Thanks. I’ll check them out.

Athom bulbs is my favorit. Are flashed with Tasmota and use Wifi for communication.

+1 for IKEA

I’ve had good luck with the Zigbee Cree Connected bulbs. HD used to carry them. I would think that any of the Connected series would work. The only thing I don’t like is that they power up to the ON state after any power outage. Amazon

Ikea is in US. Bulbs are readily in stock, but some of the switches are hard to find. I would stick with bulbs with local control/no cloud (zigbee or wifi bulbs that can be flashed with tasmota). Many tuya bulbs used to be able to be flashed, but newer ones cannot.

If you have zigbee, it is probably best as forms its own mesh network and no flashing required. Start with 1 bulb and grow from there, so you are not out much money if doesn’t work.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I’ll take that advice to start small and see what works.