Smart Garden Tap Water - On and Off

Since it is in beta you have to get your gateway fimrware updated…only customer service can do that for you. I contacted them via Facebook and overnite they did the update and send me all instruction in facebook chat. without that you can not start

1 Like

Also have to say that feedback to sensors comes in directly and you dont see this much delay there like when you do it over APi

2 Likes

How the integration with home assistant is done?
When the update will come out?

I’ve been up and running with their product now for maybe a month, I just love it. Will of course add it to HA when the integration is readily available, but despite that it’s so obviously a company with people that are genuinely invested in providing a great product.

The complete opposite to someone like Ring with that Venture Capital approach to squeeze everything they possible can from their customers with exclusive expensive cloud solutions etc etc etc.

My tomato plants have moved outside and are doing great, much thanks to them (seeds planted 28 February in cold Sweden):

1 Like

I’m testing it too. It runs very well and the setup is pretty easy. There is that delay of anywhere from 5 seconds to 60 seconds on my system (12 taps, 2 gateways). I assume thats the taps polling the access points (wireless gateways) for instructions. They cant be listening all the time or their batteries would go flat much sooner. I dont mind though, now that HA has control of them I can write automations that interact with the rest of the house.

2 Likes

I just have 1 GW amd 1 Tap but i have API integration and MQTT on the same page next too each other…turned on over mqtt and had to wait several seconds before API integration showed that it is running. There is even a mode where you can cut it off from their server and just run with MQTT But I think thats makes only sense when all funtionality and sensors are available over MQTT.

2 Likes

When you say API integration, what do you mean here? I have just installed a Link Tap and i’m working out how to integrate with HA.

1 Like

You have to contact Linktap support so they update your gateway then you will be able to get mqtt with autodiscovery for homeasstistant they will provide you with a manual aswell.

2 Likes

Great I’ve got that enabled now and set up in HA. Have you noticed that when rebooting Home Assistant, all of the auto-discovered linktap MQTT entities become unavailable?

1 Like

Linktap came out with a new beta version.
New sensors like signal strength, battery and alarms are included.
THey just sent me a message saying they updated my GW to the new firmware and provided me with a new version of the manual. Good service I say!

2 Likes

Same here. You´ve to reboot your liktap gateway? When i reboot it all thing appear OK.

1 Like

I don’t get so many sensors like you.

Imagen1

1 Like

you are missing speed, total duration, volume and water_switch
did you restart and check if something changes?

I started the irrigation and they have appeared. Thank you very much for your answer.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve actually made an automation to reboot the gateway automatically when HA starts. It basically just “clicks” the Restart Gateway button from the linktap admin console(see below). This seems to work well, but is obviously less than ideal. The correct solution is for the MQTT auto-discovery commands to use the “retain” flag, I’ve suggested this to the developers.

rest_command:
  reboot_linktap:
    url: "http://192.168.1.88/index.shtml?flag=0"
    method: GET
automation:
  alias: HA Startup
  trigger:
  - event: start
    platform: homeassistant
  action:
  - service: rest_command.reboot_linktap
3 Likes

Good idea until Linktap fixes the issue. Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve spoken to the LinkTap team and they’re going to add a new feature in the next update which will allow you to request that the gateway re-sends the MQTT configuration messages. Which should be a better solution than restarting the gateway every time HA restarts.

2 Likes

Any idea when this firmware will be proper released?

1 Like

In case you want to start trying …

1 Like

Apparently they’re currently concentrating on releasing a new product so will be a few weeks i expect.

2 Likes