Smart Garden Tap Water - On and Off

Thanks for the response - all working now!!

In case its useful for someone, i originally wrote this before i started on my HA journey, and still use this to implement linktap in HA (via rest calls to a local web server hosting the php app)

Could be a really good starting point if someone wanted to write their own custom component. I was always planning on doing it as a learning exercise but never made it that far!

1 Like

I DO use MQTT, but i dont use MQTT discovery (long story), but i did manage to get a simple MQTT switch up and running.
The good new is, if the tap is enabled via the cloud API, the local MQTT switch replicates the local state.

If anyone wants the manual MQTT config, hit me up.

I am currently using the cloud API to control the tap, but using MQTT for status of the tap (via 2 different switches)

@cecche The “LinkTap Gateway MQTT Client Interaction Messages_x.x.pdf” document you refer to is available from their support team, although its VERY complicated.

With spring watering season upon me, turned the Linktap gateway back on.

According to Linktap the MQTT capability is in the current released firmware, hence you do not need to contact them to enable.

Am i reading correct that he Linktap G2S will hook up nicely with HomeAssistant?

If yes then its exactly what i need :slight_smile:

This thread is a little long and sprawling so thought best to ask

I have both the G2S and G1S running through HA. This is a screenshot of the G2S. The signal is probably at the very limit, but it still works.
Irrigation

The G1S doesn’t have the volume data.

1 Like

Excellent, is it a native integration or do i need coding? I use zigbee/mqtt and zigbee ha plus node red

I have other zigbee in the garden so range should be ok

Uses MQTT and can work with the built in Ha add-on

1 Like

I just noticed there is a gateway as well - do i need the G2S or the G2S with gateway?

:slight_smile:

You need the gateway and valve. They gateway can support more than one valve

Ok, thanks

And - When I bought the Gateway, I specified HA and Jack loaded the firmware.

This means that once I connected the valves to the gateway, they just appeared in my Mosquito broker. I use Zigbee2MQTT and it was a breeze. Even changing the name of each tap allowed me to automatically change the name of each entity so they have friendly names instead of the serial number.

1 Like

Have ordered a valve :slight_smile:

And a gateway too I trust?

Of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

After reading this thread I ordered a linktap a few weeks ago and have had it running since. I am really happy with it so far.

• Requested firmware update for MQTT/home assistant, received it same day
  • Easy home assistant setup with instructions provided
  • Exactly what I wanted - local control for easy automation integrations, and a well designed quality product

It definitely has more of an enthusiast device feel - it does work ‘plug and play’ with the phone app, but also opens up full control to those who want it, via the gateway interface. I set up their example automation for timed watering, and then set up a watering automation based on moisture levels in node-red (personal preference - same could be done within HA)

Just a basic set up so far, since I’m happy with it I have plans to expand :slight_smile:

What did you do to solve this? I found all my mqtt entities are unavialable too. I thought it was due to low battery but now Im wondering.

This solved for my problem

Where did you put this rest command?

Right now I am purely controlling linktap through MQTT. Do I need to setup something else?

It goes into your configuration.yaml
The IP address should be changed to match the IP of your linktap

1 Like