Smart Life integration suddenly says "failed to setup" and devices are offline

Everything has been working fine until this suddenly popped up. I noticed it when I couldn’t access any of the devices one day. Been like it since. Anyone run into this? I couldn’t find any settings that could be updated or anything for the integration, in case it needed to be re-authorized for whatever reason.

Error log says…

Error setting up entry *[edited out for privacy]* for tuya
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 304, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/__init__.py", line 63, in async_setup_entry
    success = await _init_tuya_sdk(hass, entry)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/__init__.py", line 75, in _init_tuya_sdk
    auth_type = AuthType(entry.data[CONF_AUTH_TYPE])
KeyError: 'auth_type'

Hey, i’ve just started getting this too - have you managed to fix it? thanks

I’m also having this exact issue.
I can control my devices via the Smart Life app, but the Tuya plugin cannot authenticate on startup within HA.

I have not found a solution yet, sadly.

I had someone else look at it and they couldn’t figure it out. They suggested deleting the integration and re-adding it. However, there are 31 devices in there and I might as well redo everything in Home Assistant if that’s the case as that’s 80% of my devices, automations, etc. Not the best approach, so I won’t be taking that one. This seems like something disconnected somewhere (ie, API) and the integration needs an update somewhere to properly speak to Smart Life’s system again.

Update: I just noticed this. It may have something to do with it : Alerts – Home Assistant

have you upgraded your Home Assistant system recently? i upgraded the web gui and core last week (not done it for a few weeks) and they all broke after that

I did, but I triggered the update after I noticed this. Thinking it might fix something. So that wouldn’t be the culprit.

I have fixed it. Sadly, it was HA upgrading to the new version of the integration.

To get it to work again, you do have to remove the integration and start over. Which really sucks if you have as many automations as I had setup. It took me all morning to fix everything. Another half a day in the trash spent troubleshooting my “smart home”.

So remove the integration and re-add it to get it working again. However, you have to register for an account with Tuya’s dev center first (instructions: Tuya - Home Assistant)

Once you have the new info, add your API information to the integration. Where it asks for user/pass, that is the user/pass of your Tuya or Smart Life app login (not the login for the Tuya dev site).

Now everything should be back, with some of the devices having an update name like “Socket” added to the end if it is a smart plug. Then, go through all of your automations or anything else that was referencings these devices/entities and update them all.

If this happens again, I may dump use of HA for Smart Life/Tuya devices and buy a Smartthings hub and integrate it all using that instead. Or go back to manually turning on my lights and sockets as a dumb home requires less troubleshooting and babysitting than a smart one gasp lol