Smart Life

Hello, I’m new with the home assistant and i have a problem,
The Tuya application show me always a mistake… I can’t connect my „smart Life“ account with the HA
But I want to steer my devices.

Please help me

1 Like

Hi there, what is the procedure you have taken to connect the tuya device to HA?

i go to settings → integrations → add integrations and then tuya…
at username my email address… password… country code “49” for germany… and then “smart life”

i get the notification “invalid authentication”

please try using your phone number (minus the country code) as your username

does not work… phone number is not connected to the account

Did you double check if the country set in the smart life app is Germany? If that is the correct then this problem could come uo if you are using the sign in with google account function than registering with an email. If you are using the sign in with google account option, the username is different from the gmail address.

the location in the app is germany, yes

and because of the second thing… i use my iCloud mail… thats not the problem

Please update your mobile number in the settings of the app and then try login using it. If you cant find an option to update mobile number then create another account in smart life app by using the option of register with email address and then try to login to that account.

Just a shot into the dark: Do you have something like a Pi-Hole (or some other form of ingress/egress filtering) between your HA and the internet which is blocking the Tuya/Smart Life authentication process to finish successfully?

If so switch the Pi-Hole to “Disable”/ Firewall to ‘OFF’ for some time and try the authentication process again.