💡 Smart lux dimmer - Adjust light brightness depending on light sensor value

This is fixed in V2.2.

V2.1 allowed users to add both color values and light temperature values. This is not allowed (very old breaking change) and has been removed.
Only color values are now an option since this can be used to change the temperature of a light too.

NEW RELEASE

22/11/2023 - Version 2.3 & Version 3.3

• Added a conditions selector to both versions, so users can add their own conditions that prevent the automation from running.

NEW RELEASE

18/12/2023 - Version 4.0

• Combined all functions of previous versions into 1 Blueprint:
    • Removed separate time and day conditions and added a condition selector instead (pre-set with Time condition, but this can be removed if not needed)
    • Added selector to activate color or temperature values for the light (only 1 at a time is allowed by the light.turn service) - ( Only works if the light entity supports color or temperature values! )
    • Added boolean selector to activate brightness values outside of the measuring range
    • Added selector to activate color or temperature values outside of the measuring range - ( Only works if the light entity supports color or temperature values! )
  • General debugging of the code
  • Modified names and descriptions to improve usability.
  • The name of the blueprint has been updated to Smart Lux Dimmer

Extensive testing has been done, so I consider this a stable release

:warning: BREAKING :warning: - I’ve created a new Github Gist to bring everything together. This means that a re-import in Home Assistant of the older versions will not work. You need to import the latest version (4.0 and up) to be able to use the re-import function and stay up-to-date.

Version 4.0 adds a condition selector that allows adding conditions such as ‘I am home’ or ‘when motion is detected’.

Version 4.0 removed a lot of buggy code. Can you test again?

Version 4.0 added a ton of features and removed a lot of buggy code. Can you test again?

Hi @headless ,

Version 4.0 added the feature to set a fixed color to your light when the automation is running, so you can keep the light in a warm (or any) color.

Great!!! :-), but does this release also facilitate smooth, gradual adjustments in light brightness? The previous version abruptly increased brightness, akin to an on/off switch, rather than providing a gradual transition.

1 Like

Not yet, but it’s the next feature I’m working on.
Coming soon…

1 Like

Is there an option where it only changes the Brightness and Color/Temp without turning the light on?

I don’t really see what the behaviour of the light is you’re looking for.
Brightness, color and temperature are properties of light, so if the light is off you will not be able to affect these properties.

Maybe I’m not understanding your use-case, so feel free to expand.

I’ve got the Tradfri Lights from ikea, you can change those values while the light is off with them.

I’ve tried most Blueprints from here which can trigger on Motion and also have a Lux Sensor setting, non of them work with motion detection anymore since the latest 2023 HA Update. So i’m looking for blueprints which just changes the Brightness, Color/Temp Settings metioned above without affecting the on or off state of my lights. I’ve just bound the motion triggers to the lights now so they get turned on and off without HA automations.

If you set the brightness percentages at maximum and minimum ambient light to the same setting, then only color or temperature should be affected.
Maybe that helps.

I can really see no use case to change the brightness, color or temperature when the light is off.

RELEASE:

05/01/2024 - Version 2.0

• Adding back the 2.0 version of this Blueprint as it’s a lot more basic.
  • Users who don’t need more options can use this simpler version. It is easier to use and so more user-friendly.

All future development will continue from version 4.0 and on.

GET IT HERE:
VERSION 2.0 (BASIC)

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

1 Like

NEW RELEASE:

07/01/2024 - Version 4.1

• Added a transition timer to smoothen out the dimming from the current brightness setting to the next
  • General code correction for uniformity
  • Spelling corrections

Thanks for the blueprint
Would be great to be able to use sunset/sunrise with offset instead of lux sensor.
Do you think that this could be incorporated at some point?
Thanks

Thank you!

My other blueprint: The Everything light allows you to use any trigger and uses the logic of this blueprint for the Dynamic lighting mode.

Hi !
Thanks for the Blueprint, its very cool !

I see the max_brightness_value: 1000 , if i write a bigger number (1500-2000) it will work ? Or the max limit its 1000 ?

1 Like

Thank you for that Automation. It is great!!!

1 Like

You’re welcome!