Smart Meter Texas stops working

That has been my experience also. I’ve tried re-installing the integration periodically since it stopped working, without success. I think it may be dead, either because SMT hasn’t exposed a working API, or maybe it’s a lack of dev support for the integration?

Either way, it’s ironic, since it worked for a few months after HA implemented their Energy dashboard. I guess the electric providers are focused on keeping the lights on for customers this winter.

I’ve been using the Node Red method listed in post 4 of this thread. It’s been working rock solid (including integration with the HA Energy dashboard) for more than a year, including during last years ice storm. So the issue appears to be with the integration, not with SMT.

It seems they added more verification to login process. Until someone updates it prob wont work anymore.

Are you referring to the official SMT integration or the Node-Red method? I’m using Node-Red and it’s been working perfectly. Someone I was speaking with tried it and is getting unavailable from all the sensors. Seems to be an issue with the API data. I wonder if it’s because it cannot connect due to login.

It’s been a year, but did you ever find out why you were receiving the values 0 and 1?