Smart provisioning in ZWave JS UI - remove?

Hi folks, at some point last year I scanned a zwave device’s QR code into ZWave JS UI while trying to add it. I don’t think I ever actually worked out how to get it to add properly that way though, and added it as an S2 secure device the old-fashioned way… it’s been working fine for ages.

I ended up with an entry in the Smart Provisioning tab for the device, ticked as Active, with a full DSK code showing - should I leave that there?

Is there a guide to how to add a device using the Smart Start / Provisioning Entities capability?

1 Like

Did you ever find an answer to this? I can’t believe there doesn’t seem to be an explanation anywhere.

Nope, no idea. :frowning:

Been using home assistant for a while but just adding Zwave to the mix and found this confusing as well. Generally you would install the thing → power the thing → pair the thing. I understand Provisioning / Smart Start better as “pre-provisioning”. Basically you have to add the QR code before you power it on. Then when it starts up it pairs automatically.

If it’s already on and I don’t feel like going back to the breaker panel, a factory reset on the device seems to do the trick too.