Smart Rotary Dimmer Switch

Ah, right, thanks! A smart dimmer should be able to spin continuously, of course :slight_smile:

Please do let us know how it all works out! I’m looking to buy three of these and they better work well for the price. Are there any alternatives out there actually?

Question for anyone that has these - are they standard Zigbee? Can these be connected to Deconz or Hue bridge?

Hey I jumped in and got one - it connects to Deconz.

It shows up as two devices - a dimmer light and an on/off light. The dimmer light controls the load it is connected to. The on/off turns on and off the blue led light that sits inside the dimmer module.

I think this may finally be the device that I’ve been looking for and can move away from the Zwave modules.

Not put it in a back box yet a job for the next few days now I know it is working.

Instructions on entering paring mode are on the zigbee2mqtt website - works the same for Deconz: https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/AU-A1ZB2WDM.html

2 Likes

Installed in the back box now and that was a delight to be honest - I’m used to installing the fibaro dimmer modules which take a lot of space and have a lot of wires. This was just two simple wires.

ah, too late to ask if it would be possible to take it apart to look at the insides then. Hope it all works well for you. I’ve got a couple of places I could use them at the moment but xmas isn’t the time to throw £45 at a dimmer sadly.

Can confirm - works wonderfully with deconz / conbee II.

Warning - I also bought the wireless dimmer module (AU-A1ZBR2GHW) which does not connect to a lighting circuit and is battery operated. It will not pair with the conbee.

Here are two mounted in the supplied plate and one face up.

Worth noting: the dimmer pot is shallower than a pot from a standard dimmer module so will not allow on/off by pushing when fitted with a standard dimmer knob. With the dimmer in my office I just filed down a plastic knob and fitted it. When I buy fancy dimmer plates, I’ll have to think of something else.

Hey Matthijs

Digging up an old thread as I’m intrigued as to how you’re using the rotary dimmer for Sonos volume. I understand the script for SmartThings, but wondering how you have this wired in the backbox? Do you have it wired to a lighting circuit too, or just a live and neutral? Or something with the slave/master setting?

Thanks in advance!

How would I get a pair to work together I’m very new to home assistant coming from a Hubitat setup basically set them up as a mirror so the slave device been the downstairs switch copied the Master device to upstairs switch

I’ve got a pair of thr Aurora AU-A1ZB2WDM dimmers. They work really well and paired straight away with zigbee2mqtt. Good quality products.

I don’t have them setup as a master/slave so not sure how they behave in that scenario. I would be interested to hear as I may buy another pair for a different room.

These seem perfect but the price of £50 odd is a little eyewatering, especially for a bank of four dimmer knobs.

Hi, sorry for the bump.

I wonder if some is willing to help me with my Aurora Lighting AOne AU-A1ZB2WDM?

I am new to both Home assistant and Zigbee2MQTT, I have no coding experience and have so far got by following guides and watching YouTube as much as I can in order to muddle my way through and has got me this far. My apologies if my request is inappropriate.

What I am trying to achieve:
I want to be able to control my light switch using the Lovelace interface in home assistant. All available functions ideally.

My set-up:
Raspberry Pi 3+ (approved 2.5amp power supply)
SD card
CC2531 USB dongle (on a USB extension cable)
Home Assistant fully up to date.

How far I have got so far:
I have Mosquitto broker installed and running
I have Zigbee2mqtt installed and running
I have file editor installed
zigbee2mqtt/dashboard is working fine and I can see my light switch listed as the only device.

• Clicking on the device shows the correct information for the device, along with a supported status and interview complete = true.

Clicking on the “exposes” tab, I am given the state and a toggle to turn on/off. I also have brightness on a slider. linkquality of 10lqi right now (but this does go up 31 is typical, but this is the lowest I have seen it)

Also the device is shown as a card in Lovelace, and… when I turn on/off at the physical switch it shows it correctly on the card. It also shows the correct amount of dimming on the card and will track the dimming level live as I turn the dial.

The problem:
Toggling the switch on and off in the exposes tab within zigbee2mqtt does not turn the luminaire on or off. it simply doesn’t respond. The same goes for the Lovelace card.

I feel like I am so close but I just cant figure out the next step. Clearly I am receiving the status of the switch, but not publishing(?) the change in status back to the switch.

Is anyone able to help guide me to getting the switch to react.

Many thanks

Did you ever get this to work? I’m having a similar issue the device responds to turning on/off the blue back light but the light states themselves are just ignored (they worked once on first install) basically cannot turn on the lights or adjust the brightness (the states update though when controlling manually on the switch)

Any help would be appreciated

Did anyone get this working in master and slave mode

I have this issue, I think it’s to do with the LQI score for each module. Mine worked for a while and then one of them stopped responding and I couldn’t get it to work, so I’m currently looking at getting a Zigbee repeater to help the signal get to each switch.

I have it working where I press the Aurora AONE dimmer switch and a TP-Link smart plug switches on my lamp at the same time as the main light (I used this blueprint to do this - Synchronize the on/off state of 2 entities), and also used it for a while with a pair of Lifx bulbs on my bedside lamps. I used - Bond 2 Light entities with brightness sync as a blueprint for the Lifx automation.

However, I can’t get the dimmer modules which I have set to master/slave on the actual module to connect to Home Assistant. Has anyone else managed to connect Aurora Dimmer Modules (hard-set to Master/Slave) to HA?

I replaced my Aone dimmers with Candeo ones and never looked back… I still like the Aone power Sockets though they seem to work fine for my uses

here is the link if its of use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Candeo-compatible-dimmable-incandescent-multiway/dp/B091HP42S8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2NUAOW1Q2S7Z7&keywords=candeo&qid=1684761517&sprefix=candeo%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

1 Like

I did the same

Ah ok, that’s unfortunately not an option at the moment as we did a full refurbishment last year on our new house and the electrician recommended them, but next time I’ll be dropping them as without being able to adding in the master / slave rooms to my Home Assistant, it seems pretty pointless having them on HA.

Went back to the drawing board, deleted Zigbee2MQTT and tried out Deconz with Conbee 2 stick, and suddenly everything was found. Plus I just run an automation to run the master / slave switches, so all of my lights are finally on HA! I have 8 Aurora Aone rotary dimmer modules throughout the house. So anyone new to this forum should use Deconz with Conbee 2 for their Aurora Aone dimmer switches.