Smart Switch and Smart Bulb In Sync

I have some Sylvania light bulbs in my kitchen that I use to automatically adjust the color temp throughout the day, use fun colors, etc. The problem is they are connected to a dumb switch and when power is cut, I cannot automate them any longer. Same problem as many other people.

I am now looking to solve this problem but have only gotten part of the way there. I plan on installing a GW dimmer switch with both the line and load connected to the line side of the switch so it gets constant power and so do the bulbs. Then I was going to use HA to press up and down on the paddles to turn on and off the lights. I have also created automations to keep the bulbs on/off status in sync. The last thing I need help with is the dimming. I want to be able to hold up or down on the paddle to adjust the brightness.

So I’m asking is there any way to basically combine the switch and bulb into a single entity so if one changes brightness or on/off status, the other one matches it?

I’ve looked at template lights and light groups but I don’t think they’ll do what I want. Am I better off picking up something like a zooz switch where I can disable wall control and just use those scene events to trigger things in HA?

2 Likes

Did you ever figure out how to make this work? I’m looking to do the same thing with zooz dimmers and smart bulbs

Nope I just use scenes on the switch and disabled local control, I found a blueprint that I’m not super happy with, but have been low on time to figure out exactly what I need to do.

How did you integrate Sylvania bulbs into HA?

They’re zigbee