Smart Switch does not change state

Thanks for that. I feel I should reflash the sonoff dongle with the ‘vanilla’ firmware and re-try. Particularly as ZHA is also dropping connections now. FWIW, I’ll try a reflash using this web-based reflasher.

** Update **
Reflashed the dongle with the ‘standard’ firmware and reconfigured MQTT without the multi-protocol support. Things are working much better and I have restored / repaired all my devices (17 end devices in all). I’ll be looking at a repeater or two soon.

Thanks for all the advice.

1 Like

Yep, like you just figured out, multi-protocol is still experimental at this point and not really recommended.

There’s a couple of (seemingly unrelated) issues on the Z2MQTT github, most of which were caused by the multi-protocol firmware and solved as soon as zigbee-only firmware was reinstalled.

1 Like

Yeah, that was my experience. Zigbee2MQTT is very solid now.

1 Like

Honestly, unless I couldn’t afford a separate dongle and really need to use thread, I’d stay away from multi protocol right now.

Wait for the early adopters to jump in and be beta testers, then move in at your own pace once all the bugs are ironed out.

1 Like