Smart switch turns on by itself?

Hi,

I am currently taking my first steps with Home Assistant and Zigbee.
To get started, I installed smart switch modules behind normal dumb light switches (Moes Smart Switch Module Zigbee 3.0 104B, with neutral wire).

From time to time, the module seems to turn on (or off) the switch by itself.
All I get is the message, that the switch changed the status. The marked event happened, when nobody was touching the switch:

Is this normal? Is there any solution for this?

Thank you for any help!

I’m facing the same with one Moes 104z. I’ve started a thread with support and i’m waiting responses.

I did the same. And since I bought one switch from Amazon and one from Aliexpress, I opened two support cases.
The guy on Amazon refunded me immediately. On Aliexpress, “MOES official store” replied while I was still discussing with the seller. They asked for common troubleshooting: check the contacts, reboot the device, reset the device. As a last resort, they offered to send my a new device.

What are the alternatives to Moes?
I tested one from “Girier”. But this device has a blue LED that is always on. And I don’t like to waste energy with a blue LED lighting the area behind my light-switches (even though it is probably not much).

@Blaster2000pt Did you get any responses? It seems I’m running into the same problems now.

Using a smart switch wastes more energy in a day than the blue led on it would consume in years. Only when you use the smart switch to significantly reduce the time that the lights are on you can save energy using it.

Any updates? I have the same switch and exactly the same problem

You can try restart mqtt and z2m and see will that help. It’s annoying when switch start to go on/off on its own and you can figure it out.

Restarting HASS and/or Zigbee2MQTT doesn’t seem to help for me.

I got same issues. Got two switches, one functions properly and one switches on and off randomly. Did not figure out any solution till now.

Quick update: There is a thread with the same issues at Moes Smart light switch module (1 gang) (white-label of TuYa TS011F_switch) (switch); MS-104Z (new; not MS-104Z-1) · Issue #5202 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

I opened the switch, removed the RF Antenna via desoldering and since then the switch just works fine.

O bought around 10 smart Moe’s switch adapters and around 10 dimmable ones from Amazon.de
Now it’s in installation process, but 2 out of ~8 already installed simple Moe’s smart on/off switches are already acting up: turns on and off by themselves. And that’s happening without home assistant and pairing. Tried pairing, but those two still glitches.
I ordered some some more and initially plan to change those faulty ones. But maybe I should scrap all Moe’s adapters refund all and switch to other manufacturer?
If those which are working from begining won’t start glitching after some time then I would be happy just to stick to Moe’s and call it a day. But if working ones tend to start glitching after some time then I am still in a convenient time to switch to other manufacturer.

I had a similar problem with tuya wifi switches. As you, I also bought around 10 switches and called electrician to wire everything up. Some of the switches start turning it self on/off for no apparent reason. I never found out what was the problem. Maybe the problem was poor wifi connection.
I replaced them with zigbee ones and I don’t have that problem any more.

I have the same problem. I have a Moes MS-104 at home for zigbee and wifi. The problem with automatic switching on is only caused by wifi switches. I replaced the CPU in them with an ESP chip with Tasmota. This has no effect on switching on. I tried the Switchdebounce 69 command ( Tasmota Command ) which is supposed to filter 50Hz on the input, but that didn’t help either. I have about 30 installed in my house and they all do this. It looks like a haunted house when it turns itself on.

How did you manage to change CPU?
I got mine issue resolved by resoldering RF antenas

I used this one
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006322884953.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.15.4b001802xCKrZF

didn’t help either
SwitchDebounce 69 in the Tasmota command