Smarthings button not registering single and double press but hold do

Hi everyone, I’m having a strange behavior with smarthing button and zigbee (HUSBZB-1), I did add smarthing button to my devices and can read temp from it.

But when I go to listen to zha_event listen I only get to read the hold command, not single neither double tap.

I can use this hold button for an automation, but I want the single and double to be available too.

Any ideas?

At this did try deleting the device and reconnecting it, but It didn’t work.

Tahnks in advance.

Did you try: 1) delete the button from HA, 2) reset the button itself 3) reconnecting it?

Reset the SmartThings Button

If the SmartThings Button didn’t connect to the Hub when you removed the pull-tab, reset and connect the device manually. To do this:

1. Hold the recessed connect button for five (5) seconds
  2. Release the button when the LED starts blinking red
  3. The LED will blink red and green while attempting to connect

I did tried deleting from home assitant and reconnecting, I also tried reseting the button but I don’t know it did because there’s no led signal or something that tells you that it did. When I press the reset button it also presses the main button by the same amount of time because of the button design.

Maybe it’s not working correctly because I didn’t see the red led, or maybe I should find a way to press the reset button without pressing the main button, but It’s the button design that makes it difficult.

One other thing… do you have any other zigbee devices? It’s possible that the signal is just weak enough to make the button… “wonky”.

The only issues I had with my ST button was unreliable button presses. (I’d click and nothing would happen maybe 3 out of 4 times.) I added a Peanut Plug in the same room (which acts as a repeater) and now the button is responsive and reliable.

Maybe adding a repeater near the button will help? (At this point I’m just thinking out loud…)

Jaja no problem, keep thinking out loud, it could be helpful, thanks man.

I tried pressing the button right next to the husbzb and didn’t work, so maybe there’s no problem with the the zigbee range. I have other zigbee devices (xaomi aqara sensor) in the same room and there’s no problem at all.

I’ll keep trying but maybe it’s just the button not working correctly. Maybe should apply warranty.

I got 4 of these buttons paired at the moment and they all work fine single, double and hold no issues also using ZHA.

Thanks, so maybe I’ll ask for warranty and check with the new one