SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

Any working tool or script to create json with broadlink rm4 pro?

i use some script but i couldnt set “precision”: 0.5

broadlink manager doest work for me

Quick question. I’d like to use a Broadlink rm4 mini with SmartIR and control my heat pump via Home Assistant.

Can someone confirm that if the Broadlink receives a signal from the existing heat pump remote that the SmartIR Home Assistant integration will update accordingly? Essentially, I want my Home Assistant thermostat card to be up to date even if someone uses the remote.

Thanks!

No, it won’t unfortunately. The Broadlink will only receive IR commands when you put it in ‘learning’ mode. This is a limitation we don’t really have a solution for.

I tried your esphome code there is no entity in the device any idea
Thanks.

What cause SmartIR to suddenly stop working? Everything was fine until last week. I didn’t change anything in the config.

for those wanting to use the Moes House UFO-R11 or Tuya ZS06 Zigbee-based IR blaster as a climate control, i summarized my success here:

Hey all,

I have rebadged AC so I have no idea what the actual brand is.

IR is working with one of those universal AC remotes. But I have two issues.

1, because I cant find the brand, Im not sure what device code to use. Is there a generic one that would cover most models?

2, Can I search on the code my RM Pro learnt from the Universal Remote, which does not seem to work?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

Sorry to ask but do I have to restart HA or do I only have to reload automations every time I try a new code?

Thanks!

Hello,

IR codes from “GOODWEATHER” works for my A/C, which should I choose here, because I can’t find GOODWEATHER

Hello everyone.

I’ve created a project for reading and generating the codes for the MQTT source.

It’s similar to the BroadlinkIRTools.

Here is the source code GitHub - EduardoHerreraM/SmartIR-Zigbee-Tools.

Feel free to ask me any question (use the Issues Github pannel for any problem).

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello everyone.

this is my configuration.yaml :

smartir:
climate:
  - platform: smartir
    name: Salon AC
    unique_id: salon_ac
    device_code: 1124
    controller_data: remote.broadlink_rm3_remote
    temperature_sensor: sensor.salon_temperatura_temperature
    humidity_sensor: sensor.salon_temperatura_humidity

I see an attribute in my climate_salon_ac entity that is target_temp_step: 1

Is there a way to set the target step temperature to 0.5

I tried:

target_temp_step: 0.5

but I get an error message in the verify configuration step: ‘target_temp_step’ is an invalid option

Can I use a json file meant for Broadlink with esphome (esp8266) IR transmitter?
I found that SmartIR has codes for my Mitsubishi heavy AC but I see the file mentioning Broadlink

is this integration, when using broadlink, simply using broadlink to learn and send commands? I need an alternative to broadlink integration for learning and sending commands, or a way to grab commands from the broadlink app.

Hello, folks.

I am having issues with making this integration work with my Air Conditioner. I have a JSON file with all the commands but the only one that works fine using the Thermostat card is the “off”. The rest only works if I use the “send command” throughout my broadlink remote. This is how I setup the things:

name: Ar Escritório
  unique_id: ar_escritorio
  device_code: 3000
  controller_data: remote.rm4c_escritorio
  temperature_sensor: sensor.termometro_escritorio_temperature
  humidity_sensor: sensor.termometro_escritorio_humidity

The JSON file I am using is this one: SmartIR/codes/climate/3000.json at master · smartHomeHub/SmartIR (github.com)

Again, if I manually send the same commands using the send command service under the developer tools it works perfectly fine. If I tried to execute the commands using the thermostat in HA, then it doesn’t (apart from the ‘off’ command).

I appreciate your help.

Marcelo

Welcome to the forum, Marcelo :wave:t3:

If this is the first (or only) smartir device make sure within configuration.yaml it looks like:

smartir:
  climate:
      name: Ar Escritório
      unique_id: ar_escritorio
      device_code: 3000
      controller_data: remote.rm4c_escritorio
      temperature_sensor: sensor.termometro_escritorio_temperature
      humidity_sensor: sensor.termometro_escritorio_humidity

I have been using the SmartIR for quite some time for controlling air conditioners but without temperature_sensor, power_sensor and humidity_sensor.

Do they have internal functionality within the addon or are they just infomational?

Apologies in advance for my n00bness.

I’ve used HACS to add SmartIR as a custom repository to my Home Assistant installation. I can see the code files in the custom_components directory, but not the other SmartIR directories (Codes, Docs, and other files/folders at the root level). Do I have to add those manually? If so, where in the file hierarchy? I’m using the File Editor add-on to view the contents of the HA directory if that matters.

Placed files and directories at the root of the smartir directory and things seem to be working.

I have a Tuya IR AC Controller, using TuyaLocal integration I can now learn and send IR codes and that works.

I’m trying to use SmartIR with the controller, I’m building a device json file BUT I can’t seem to get things to work.

The only way I can send IR codes is by checking the Device ID and using 202 (which I found as the send command code in Tuya Developer platform).

How can I proceed (sorry new to all this)?

Hello,

I am also facing difficulties setting this to work. I have a few remotes I bought from ali express and I cannot find a matching device code for smarir.
Has anyone succeeded with such devices?
I have them added in tuya iot platform, but they are not showing in HA.