SmartIR is a component for controlling AC units, TV sets and fans via Infrared and RF controllers. An IR or RF controller such as Broadlink is required.
The key features of the component are:
- Support for Base64, Broadlink Hex and Pronto codes.
- Support for external temperature and humidity sensors (Climate platform)
- Support for external on/off sensor that monitors whether your device is actually On or Off. This may be a power monitor sensor.
- Support for voice assistants.
Component setup instructions
- Create a directory
custom_componentsin your Home Assistant configuration directory.
smartirfrom this project including all files and sub-directories into the directory
It should look similar to this after installation:
.homeassistant/ |- custom_components/ | |- smartir/ | |- __init__.py | |- climate.py | |-- fan.py | |- media_player.py | |- etc...
- Add the following to your configuration.yaml file.
Platforms setup instructions
- Instructions on how to setup the Climate platform
- Instructions on how to setup the Media player platform
- Instructions on how to setup the Fan platform
Update the component
The component will check for updates each time HA is restarted. When there is a new version, a Persistent Notification will appear.
Use the services
smartir.check_updates to manually check for updates and
smartir.update_component to start the automatic update.
If you would like to get update notifications from the rc branch, configure SmartIR as follows:
smartir: update_branch: rc