SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

Hello, could you have this fixed? I’m finding the same problem.

the service media_player/volume_mute is failed .required key not provided @ data[‘is_volume_muted’],

Thanks!

no I’ve switch to the script mode to handle all the possible commands

Does anyone know if this component supports the RM4 mini or RM4 pro devices?

No it doesn’t

Darn, that’s a little annoying as I have an RM4 sitting around at the moment.

Thanks for the reply

If anyone is desperate enough to get their RM4 “working” with SmartIR, have a read of the post linked below.

It only uses SmartIR for the “front end” but as I have multiple remotes, including one that works with SmartIR, that is what I used.

I have created a json file for my tv reciever, and it’s working nicely.
One thing I cannot figure out is how to call speciffic buttons I created/learned?
I was using script’s before, but since I moved everything to smartIR, I cannot figure out how to call channel1 etc. in automation?

Have you created the channels as sources? If you do that you can then call the service similar to this:

- service: media_player.select_source
    data:
      entity_id: media_player.onkyo_amp
      source: 'ChromeCast Audio'

…but use source: ‘1’ or something similar

Nope, I just created it as is…
So either edit json and add those as sources, or create script with channels?

edit the json and add them as sources.

this is mine:

{
    "manufacturer": "Onkyo",
    "supportedModels": [
      "Unknown"
    ],
    "supportedController": "Broadlink",
    "commandsEncoding": "Base64",
    "commands": {
        "off": "JgBIAAABKJEUERQ2FBAUERQ2FBAUNhQ2FBAUERQ2FDUUERQ2FDYUEBQ2FDYUNRQRFBEUEBQ2FBEUEBQRFBAUNhQ2FDYUEBQ2FAANBQ==",
        "on": "JgBMAAYABD8AASiSFBEUNRQRFBEUNRQRFDYUNRU1FBEUNhQ1FBEUNhQ1FBEUERQQFDYUERQQFBEUEBQRFDYUNRQRFDYUNRU1FDYUNhQADQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=",
        "previousChannel": "JgBIAAABKJIUEBQ2FBEUEBQ2FBETNhQ2FDYUEBQ2FDYUEBQ2FDYUERQ1FBEUERMRFBEUEBQRFBETERQ2FDYUNRQ2FDYUNhQ1FAANBQ==",
        "nextChannel": "JgBIAAABKJEVEBQ1FRAUERQ1FBEUNhQ1FTUUERQ2FDUUERQ2FDUUERQRFBAUERQRExEUERQQFBEUNhQ1FDYUNhQ2FDUUNhQ2FAANBQ==",
        "volumeDown": "JgBQAAkADMILAAzsAAEqkRQRFDYUEBQRFDYUEBQ2FDYUNRQRFDYUNhMRFDYUNhQQFDYUNhQQFBEUERQQFBEUEBQRFBEUNRQ2FDYUNhQ1FDYUAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=",
        "volumeUp": "JgBIAAABKIwaERM2FBEUERM2FBEUNhM2FDYUERM2FDYUERQ1FDYUERQQFDYUERQQFBEUERMRFBEUNhMRFDYUNhM2FDYUNhQ2EwANBQ==",
        "mute": "JgBIAAABKJIUEBQ2FBEUEBQ2FBETNhQ2FDYUEBQ2FDYUERM2FDYUERQ1FBEUNhQQFBEUERMRFBEUEBQ2FBEUNRQ2FDYUNhQ1FAANBQ==",
        "sources": {
            "ChromeCast Audio": "JgBQAAABKJIUEBQ2FBEUEBQ2FBETNhQ2FDYUERM2FDYUERM2FDYUERM2FBEUERM2FBEUERMRFBEUEBQ2FDYUERM2FDYUNhQ2EwAE8gABKEkTAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=",
            "Video 1": "JgBIAAABKJEUERM2FBEUERM2FBEUNhM2FDYUERQ1FDYUERQ2EzYUERQ2EzYUNhQ2FBETERQRExEUERQRExEUERQ1FDYUNhQ2EwANBQ==",
            "Tuner": "JgBIAAABKJEUERQ1FBEUERQ1FBEUNhQ1FDYUERQ2EzYUERQ2FDUUERQ2FDUUERQ2FBETERQRFBAUERQREzYUERQ2EzYUNhQ2FAANBQ==",
            "DVD": "JgBQAAABJpMVEBQ2ExITERQ2ExESOBM3ExIRExM3EjgTERM3EjgSEhMSEhITNxM3FBETERITETkSNxQ2EhMTERQ2EjgTNhMSEgAFGQABJkoUAA0FAAAAAAAAAAA=",
            "Phono": "JgBIAAABJpQSEhM3ERQRExI4EhITNxI4EjgSEhI4EjgSEhM3EzcSEhMSEjgSEhI4FBETERMSEhMSNxMSEjgTERM3EjgSNxM3EwANBQ=="
        }
    }
}

so what you can do with yours is just put the codes for the channel buttons as separate sources in place of where I have ‘cfromecast audio’ etc.

this will then provide a drop-down of channels in the media player card in lovelace too.

1 Like

Ill probobly do just that, thank’s!
I thought there is a way to call that command, since I need it only in automation.

yeah, call it as per my post above. I don’t believe you can call the ‘commands’ independently as they are supposed to be functions standard to a media_player. I could be wrong…

@Vassilis, have you had any dealings with the Broadlink OEM wifi modules inside newer split ac systems?

my aircon stopped responding to voice commands in google home, but I can still control it via the google home app. anyone else have this issue or know about it?

Same problem. Looks like HA is exporting climate devices with only the SetTemperature trait to google assistant, but it’s missing the OnOff trait. I can use “set temperature to X” or “set the AC to cool” but I can’t turn it off or “turn on the AC”.
I think this issue is on HA 0.107.X

I’ve opened an issue on the HA repo:

I keep getting this message when trying to turn on my fan:
Failed to call service fan/turn_on. 'default’

Anyone have any ideas?

@mshuflin:

I had a similar issue. It turned out that the default value for one of the fan’s attributes was set to a value that was not supported by the device itself. When I then tried turning on the device using the HA UI the value of this attribute was sent to the smartir code (as one of the parameters) which then threw an error as this value is not supported.

Using Developer Tools -> States, updating the value of this attribute to a value supported by the device solved this issue for me. Hope this does the trick for you as well!

this is now fixed for me

Is smart ir climate compatible with the lastest HA? I keep getting this error

IMG_20200406_211831|690x183

Have a look at my post above… I had the same issue.