SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

So, HA translates google’s home heatcool keyword to auto and also google home does not allow to set the temperature in heatcool mode.

`hass_to_google = {
    climate.STATE_HEAT: 'heat',
    climate.STATE_COOL: 'cool',
    STATE_OFF: 'off',
    climate.STATE_AUTO: 'heatcool',
    climate.STATE_FAN_ONLY: 'fan-only',
    climate.STATE_DRY: 'dry',
    climate.STATE_ECO: 'eco'
}`

I’ve updated the first post with instructions on how to setup the component. I’m not a native English speaker, so please excuse any mistakes.

Instructions are perfect mate

This component really needs to be integrated into the official HA branch. I don’t see any reason not to. I mean, yeah, it doesn’t have the IR codes for every a/c, but hey, HA itself is in beta right now, isn’t it?))

Today, after finish my work. Like for this component I was code this tool.
https://keitetran.github.io/BroadlinkIRTools/index.html#/
That support for create Climate code faster. I will update it …

AMAZING!!! This is a lot better than the tool I’m developing. Going to be the official file creator.

Hi after I have updated my climate component I cannot see in Google home actual temperature at home because I have a xiaomi sensor temperature and humidity. Why? With old component I see temperature in Google home can you help me?

Sorry for the dumb question. But what advantages does this have over the previous one?

Was working fine for my needs, so just wanted to know what I am getting into. :slight_smile:

Did you try to resync?

the old component could potentially stop working with a future HA update as its now obsolete

Thanks for the native implementation of the humidity sensor instead of my hack job on the old component , new version working great :+1:

Thanks again @Vassilis for a very nice job. Converted my ini file with the provided converter (I submitted it) and everything worked perfectly at first try.

As a side comment, do you also plan to update the fan component? I find it quite usefull as well to control my living room fan and I don’t know if I just have to rename the files as home assistant log suggests or wait for it to be updated like this one.

Regards,

Nice job! This is an amazing component and works really well. Thank you!

Nice work, solid component. Migration went smoothly and thank you for converting previously submitted INI files!

There is a high probability to update the fan component until HA stops supporting the old folder structure.

Can someone please convert for me my INI files. I have Mac OS so tool won’t work.

http://cl.jdrk.in/99f417867545/sanyo.ini
http://cl.jdrk.in/b317b274d623/apple_tv.ini

@tjedrak your climate json here. https://jsonblob.com/42c8979f-37d3-11e9-8243-d715552ffcdc
but apple tv convert error. you can hard copy it with text editor.

I’ve just rebooted my HA and I now have this error. Not sure what, but line 28 does look odd to me…

Error loading custom_components.smartir.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 147, in _load_file module = importlib.import_module(path) File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 986, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 969, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 958, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 673, in _load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 673, in exec_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 222, in _call_with_frames_removed File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/smartir/climate.py", line 28, in <module> from . import Helper ImportError: cannot import name 'Helper'

Line 28 reads this:

Hi @Vassilis great work here!

A while ago I forked your original broadlink IR component and made a Harmony Hub version.

I am thinking about working on a PR to integrate harmony hub compatibility with this smart IR platform. Most the code additions would be in the send_command() function.

To do this seamlessly and with minimal effort for end user to configure, I’m thinking I will need to create a ini specific for harmony, then in the config the user would just need to put that ini code in device_code and for controller_send_service they can use remote.send_command.

For the ini, I am thinking it could be something like this
What do you think?

Also is there some numbering pattern with your ini filenaming?

I fixed my problem to my post above. I removed line 28 as it looks like it shouldn’t be there. I compared it to previous version on GitHub (which this line is also there).

I’ve just rebooted and I have my 2 A/C’s back and working again.