SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

I’ve got 6 rm minis around my house all using smartir

I’ve tried to add more but I think they may have a newer firmware version on them.
HA can’t control them.
The broadlink econtrol app sees them as unknown device
Inc app works.

Anyone know of a way to downgrade?

any help appreciated SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

Hi, I added a binary sensor to tell when my split type AC has been turned on not using HA, its working, as I can see the sensor change, how ever the hvac_modes do not have an on mode, I want to update the mode to the “last_on_operation:” value as that will update it to show what was last used. I can’t figure a way to update this attribute, can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello, i am working on a infrared project that controls air conditioners, want to know how SmartIR works, and how to decode the climate codes to raw bit data, I know they are encoded with base64 but when decoding they don’t appear to be right, as LG air conditioners have 28 bits and the code data I found for commands decodes to a 8 bytes array of bits, so this data is sent to the broadlink controller this way, how can I work my way to get some raw bit pulses?

Thanks

Hi, I’ve the same error. I follow the configuration steps provided. I’m running on raspberry with hassio 0.105.x. Are you able to get it working?
Thanks Bruno

Is it possible to use an IR device with 1technophile open mqtt gateway with this?

1 Like

Hi, I´ve the same issue. I cant use the rm mini in HA. The firmware version is v44057, sdk 2.13.23 beta, data cloud US
HA version 0.105
if it won´t work, I´ll have to change the firmware. I suppose for tasmota
Any recommendations?
thanks

Hi Dan, Can you solve that? thanks

No unfortunately, I havent been able to work out how to downgrade the firmware

Hi,
That’s a very first time I’m using HA, so maybe my questions will be newbie.

I paired my Broadlink RM Mini 3 with my Electra AC (code 1940, https://github.com/smartHomeHub/SmartIR/blob/9691aaaf622de33eaaeab7b02c452ce054d8e395/codes/climate/1940.json)

All stuff is working, but I don’t understand, does it right or not.

Expected behavior: on/off button automatically setup to AC last configuration (e.g. 23 heat), I could see does AC working now or not.
Real behavior: on/off button always setup to FAN mode, then I should click another button to setup heat or cool. And, I can’t see real current status of AC.

That’s normal? Or I did something the wrong way?
Thanks.

What is the firmware version of the RM mini?

Latest, v44057.

This version has an issue. Apparently HA broadlink addons devolper is trying to fix

regards

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/23566#

Hello, could you have this fixed? I’m finding the same problem.

the service media_player/volume_mute is failed .required key not provided @ data[‘is_volume_muted’],

Thanks!

no I’ve switch to the script mode to handle all the possible commands

Does anyone know if this component supports the RM4 mini or RM4 pro devices?

No it doesn’t

Darn, that’s a little annoying as I have an RM4 sitting around at the moment.

Thanks for the reply

If anyone is desperate enough to get their RM4 “working” with SmartIR, have a read of the post linked below.

It only uses SmartIR for the “front end” but as I have multiple remotes, including one that works with SmartIR, that is what I used.

I have created a json file for my tv reciever, and it’s working nicely.
One thing I cannot figure out is how to call speciffic buttons I created/learned?
I was using script’s before, but since I moved everything to smartIR, I cannot figure out how to call channel1 etc. in automation?