SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

Personally I’d use a button card, linked to a script calling the appropriate service (fan.increase_speed, fan.decrease_speed, fan.set_speed, or fan.set_percentage).

There may be a better way, but with what I know that’s what I’d do.

OK, worked out how to call the Fan speed.
Use the Service “climate.set_fan_mode”

service: climate.set_fan_mode
target:
  entity_id: climate.upstairs_aircon
data:
  fan_mode: low

fan_mode can be auto, high, mid or low.
Now just need a nice small card that I can add with 4 buttons.

Ah, sorry… my comment was for a fan, not an a/c unit :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hopefully someone will come up the the correct way of doing it, I’ve been monkeying around with my two Daikins for months now, the closest I’ve got is to cover the remote, set the temp, turn it off, then uncover it, and turn it on with the correct temp. There must be a better way?

I have a few ceiling fans.
Each fan has a remote.
All fans are same brand.
Each remote and fan have a switch block that you have to set so that each remote only works with its own fan. Switch block had 4 dip switches (1 or 0)
All remotes are RF.
I have a broadlink rm4 pro that works for all fans through walls.
Just wondering, will I have to create a json file for each fan?
I know the RF codes are different when I set different switches in the switch blocks.
Has anyone had to do this already?

Yes, you will need a separate file for each ‘virtual remote’ as far as I know (I haven’t got RF devices in my setup, only IR).

Thanks.
Can I assume then that the json files I create probably shouldn’t be uploaded to the repository?
i.e. 16 possible combinations. (possibly per remote/fan)
As will probably confuse users?

Actually… I’m starting to think that maybe you won’t need different files since the physical switches might just modify the carrier frequency and the codes themselves will be the same… The easy was to tell is just learn a single code from each of two remotes and compare the file output.

They are definitely different codes.
I use one RM4 Pro to control three fans.

Loung Fan Off:
b64:scBsAoieBgAHEAgQCRAJEAkQCQgREAkQCBEIEAkIEQgRAAEhCRAJEAkQCRAJEAgIEREIEQgQCRAJCBAJEAABIgkQCRAJEAkPCRAJCBEQCRAIEQgRCAgRCBEAASMHEQgQCRAJEAkQCQgREAgRCBEIEQgIEQgQAAEiCRAJEAkQCRAIEQgIEREIEAkQCRAJCBAJEAABIgkQCRAIEAkQCRAJCBEQCRAIEQgRCAgRCBEAASIIEQgRCBAJEAkQCAgREQgRCBEIEAkIEQgQAAEiCRAJEAkQCRAIEQgIEREIEQgQCRAICRAJEAABIggRCBEIEQgQCRAJCBEQCRAIEQgRCAgRCRAAASIIEQgQCRAJEAkQCQcREQgRCBEIEQgIEQgQAAEiCRAJEAkQCBEIEQgIERAJEAkQCBEICRAJEAABIggRCBEIEQgQCRAJCBEQCBEIEQkQCAgRCBEAASEJEQgQCRAJEAkQCAkQEQgRCBAJEAkIEQgQAAEiCRAJEAkQCRAIEAkIERAJEAkQCBEICRAIEQABIggRCBEIEAkQCRAJCBEQCRAIEQgQCQgRCBEAASEJEAkQCRAJEAgRCAgREQgQCRAJEAkIEAkQAAEiCBEIEQgRCBAJEAkIERAJEAgRCBEICBEIEQABIggQCRAJEAkQCBEICBERCBEIEAkQCQgQCRAAASIJEAgRCBEIEAkQCQgREAkQCBEIEQgIEQgRAAEhCRAJEAgRCBEIEAkIERAJEAgRCBEICBEJEAABIggQCRAJEAgRCBEICBERCBAJEAkQCAkQCRAAASIIEQgQCRAJEAgRCAkQEQgQCRAJEAkIEAkQAAXcAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Parents Fan off:
b64: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

So in that case you will need a file for each DIP switch position used. If it was me I’d have that in the description somewhere. Fan make/model/DIP switch setting.

Hey,

I add my LG, what card i need to add I order to got a nice remote?

Agreed.
Thanks

Hi all
I just updated HA to 2022.6 and after a while I also updated the smartir integration to 1.17.5.
After the restart the smartir just stopped working. It takes at least 5 minutes for HA to restart and I got the following messages.

I haven’t change the config files at all. (for 3 years now)

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:289
First occurred: 03:26:26 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 03:26:26

Unable to prepare setup for platform smartir.climate: Unable to set up component.
Unable to prepare setup for platform smartir.media_player: Unable to set up component.
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:229
First occurred: 03:26:26 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 03:26:26

Setup of smartir is taking longer than 300 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer

Can someone help to fix it please?

1 Like

Un wich Situations Chromecast has state of “unabailable”?
When I turn off my TV with remote, the estate Is Off.

When Chromecast is completely off, that is, when the TV is off.

I mostly love this plugin… but I have a really weird (or so it seems because nobody else talks about it) problem.

Using BroadLink RM3s (two of them, they’ve got static IP addresses) one in the livingroom and the other in the bedroom.

The problem is: if I turn on my AC with it, and it works - for a few mins I can make adjustments via HA or whatever. But a few mins later and it completely ignores all input - except I can see the BroadLink flash when I send a command but it just does nothing.

Reboot HA - still nothing. And then at some odd time or another it works again, for a while.

I can set the temperature, the fan speed, heat, cool, auto etc they all work - until it has had enough and then it is dead to my AC units.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Welcome to the forum, macbisho .

First step for narrowing down the issue is to check, whether the same behavior happens if you use the Broadlink app instead of HA to control your AC’s. If it does you either have 2 faulty devices or, what I suspect the power supplies you are using are not suitable (should be 5 Volts, always use branded ps’s and avoid cheap no-names). This behavior can also be caused by a network issue. Make sure the wifi signal strength is sufficient and stable.

Oh that’s a really good point!

Even using the BroadLink app it is patchy. The wifi signal is superb (I can check signal from the router).

The power, though, may be the issue. One is using the USB port from the router, and the other is using an Apple USB charger.

I will try and use higher power USB chargers and report back.

Thank you!

You are welcome. I would definitely use dedicated quality power supplies for the Broadlinks.

I’m having exactly the same problem. Just to get it out of my thoughts. You updated mikrotik?

Now, even going back some previous backups (including restoring the virtual machine backup), and manually updating the component (SmartIR v.1.17.5) the problem persists.

Although I haven’t made any configuration changes to SmartIR for years.
I also started another instance (Ubuntu) that was offline for 3 months and the same symptom.
It looks like some external dependency. Are there any changed IP/ports that need to be opened on the firewall?

Sorry if I don’t know how to paste the codes correctly, but some information:
core-2022.2.9
supervisor-2022.01.1
Home Assistant OS 7.4 (running on Hyper-V)

Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

smartir.media_player
smartir.climate
Please check your config and [logs]

Full log:

2022-02-20 20:12:39 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration smartir which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-02-20 20:12:39 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-02-20 20:12:39 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration sonoff which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-02-20 20:12:51 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of smartir is taking over 10 seconds.
2022-02-20 20:13:11 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.updater] Timeout fetching Home Assistant update data
2022-02-20 20:13:41 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: smartir
2022-02-20 20:14:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: smartir
2022-02-20 20:15:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: smartir
2022-02-20 20:16:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: smartir
2022-02-20 20:17:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of smartir is taking longer than 300 seconds. Startup will proceed without waiting any longer
2022-02-20 20:17:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform smartir.media_player: Unable to set up component.
2022-02-20 20:17:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform smartir.climate: Unable to set up component.

configuration.yaml:

############################### SMARTIR Integration
smartir:
#  update_branch: rc

############# SMARTIR Climate Integration
climate:
  - platform: smartir
    name: Office AC
    unique_id: office_ac
    device_code: 1101
    controller_data: remote.broadlink_capo_remote
    temperature_sensor: sensor.sonoff_a440002065_temperature