SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

For Broadlink remotes, the codes have to be added to the learned codes for that specific remote.

Learn any random command to ensure the file is created and look into the .storage folder.

Then add the commands you need with their corresponding b64 codes from your json file.

Also, you seem to be calling the remote to send the command and not controlling the SmartIR entity. Are you sure you are doing it correctly?

Typically those of us here would control the SmartIR generated entity directly instead.

al code are store in .storage file (off topic i can copy code between device?)

i donā€™t know. test with gui for send command on or mute to the tv.

Yes you can copy between devices, just make sure the Mac address in the file names are unchanged.

The above is only applicable to HA integration to Broadlink and has nothing to do with SmartIR.

If you intend to use SmartIR, after successfully configuring your SmartIR entry and restarting HA, you should see a dedicated entity of the appropriate domain (eg.: media_player.some_unique_entity_id). Using the dedicated entity created by SmartIR, you can interact with your devices and SmartIR will handle all the remote service calls for you.

Anyone got this working via MQTT and can share an example config? Thanks

Iā€™ve got some commands configured already via an ESPHome device, with a connected transmitter. Is there a simple/easy way to convert these commands into the ones used by the JSON config files?

Can anyone tell me how to use additional codes from the ā€œIRā€ file of device codes for media_player, for example from ā€œ1500.jsonā€ such as ā€œNavUPā€ or numbers? I couldnā€™t find anything in the documentation on this topic.

scroll down here to find your device:

then add f.e code 1500 (which happens to be an onkyo) as shown below:

smartir:

media_player:
  - platform: smartir
    name: Living room TV
    unique_id: living_room_tv
    device_code: 1500
    controller_data: remote.bedroom_remote
    power_sensor: binary_sensor.tv_power

So I did. And on/off, volume control, source switching works for me. Iā€™m talking about additional codes in this file. How can I transfer them to my onkyo device via IR?

Climate entity, Broadlink RM4: when I set 26 C as temp, no command is sent to my unit.

ONLY with 26. 25 or 27 or other temps are working. Why?

Hi,

Iā€™m the only one having issue with the Power_sensor in the fan configuration?

I didnā€™t change anything in the last months but suddently stopped working and now I donā€™t know if the fan is on.

No issue with other media_player using power_sensor and smartir.

Thank you in advance

Seems the specific code for 26Ā°C for your device is wrong or the manufacturer of your AC has changed the code for it. You can use Broadlink Manager to check on this.

Does the little blue light on the RM4 lits whenever sending the code for 26Ā°C?

Could also be helpful to tell us the make and model of the AC unit, the SmartIR codeset you are using for it and which particular Broadlink RM4 model is in use.

Any working tool or script to create json with broadlink rm4 pro?

i use some script but i couldnt set ā€œprecisionā€: 0.5

broadlink manager doest work for me

Quick question. Iā€™d like to use a Broadlink rm4 mini with SmartIR and control my heat pump via Home Assistant.

Can someone confirm that if the Broadlink receives a signal from the existing heat pump remote that the SmartIR Home Assistant integration will update accordingly? Essentially, I want my Home Assistant thermostat card to be up to date even if someone uses the remote.

Thanks!

No, it wonā€™t unfortunately. The Broadlink will only receive IR commands when you put it in ā€˜learningā€™ mode. This is a limitation we donā€™t really have a solution for.

I tried your esphome code there is no entity in the device any idea
Thanks.

What cause SmartIR to suddenly stop working? Everything was fine until last week. I didnā€™t change anything in the config.

for those wanting to use the Moes House UFO-R11 or Tuya ZS06 Zigbee-based IR blaster as a climate control, i summarized my success here:

1 Like

Hey all,

I have rebadged AC so I have no idea what the actual brand is.

IR is working with one of those universal AC remotes. But I have two issues.

1, because I cant find the brand, Im not sure what device code to use. Is there a generic one that would cover most models?

2, Can I search on the code my RM Pro learnt from the Universal Remote, which does not seem to work?

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Hey guys,

Sorry to ask but do I have to restart HA or do I only have to reload automations every time I try a new code?

Thanks!

Hello,

IR codes from ā€œGOODWEATHERā€ works for my A/C, which should I choose here, because I canā€™t find GOODWEATHER