SmartLife / Tuya thermostat unable to set / display temperature

Using ProWarm ProTouch thermostats, which are getting them picked up by the component.

Using the Thermostat card, I can turn them off with the power switch, but not on. The temperature is obscured, with just the bottom pixels of the number (see attached), and changing the dial doesn’t affect the actual device.

Pressing the Schedule button switches the device back on, and shows the number properly. But also doesn’t affect the device’s temperature.

Dev tools shows:

hvac_modes:

• ‘off’
  • auto
    min_temp: 7
    max_temp: 35
    target_temp_step: 1
    current_temperature: null
    friendly_name: Master En-suite UFH
    supported_features: 0

Have tried the Tuya Custom component too, and the same result. Any ideas?!

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 11.06.58

2 Likes

@Rahaaas Did you manage to get this working in the end? I’m considering replacing my UFH thermostats with these ProWarm ProTouch-E Wifi if they work well with Home Assistant.

I did… the new Core Tuya integration is slowly getting there. You can now set temps, but not read them. So it’s fine for automations, if not quite there yet.

1 Like

Any update on prowarm compatibility? I’m about to order either heatmiser or prowarm. Guidance appreciated!

Much the same. Bit more stable, but still no sensor to take the current measurement. It shows it in the Tuya apps, so the data is there, just not accessible through the HA integration.

I’ve not re-added a device recently, though, so a small chance that’s changed.

Jumping on this old thread. Do I need to remove these thermostats from the ProTouch app and re-add them to the Tuya mobile app to get get them to show up in the Tuya HA add-on? Is the Tuya mobile app the SmartLife one? Thanks.