SmartThings Button Issues

Edit: Samsung has confirmed the issue and you can check the status here.

https://status.smartthings.com/incidents/kr2d78m2x5d8

For anyone currently having issues with SmartThings buttons today, it’s not just you. There’s some kind of issue right now and they’re also not even triggering automation through SmartThings itself.

Here’s the forum thread.

You should consider getting a Zigbee and/or Z-wave USB stick (if you can afford one) and connecting any of those devices directly to home assistant.

Issue is fixed now for anyone wondering.

Oh trust me, it’s on the list of eventual to-dos but I have so many devices and the ST integration has been almost perfectly reliable so it’s on the back burner.

Slight delays are the main reason I’m going to switch eventually. Actually started looking at what stick to get this morning, but like I said, low priority right now.

Going off topic (but the topic is resolved anyway :grin:), what stick would you recommend for Zigbee and Z-Wave? After a little digging, the GoControl seems like a solid option for both.

That’s the stick I have, I like it.

1 Like

Great to know, thanks!

Tedious, I purchased Nortek HUSBZB-1 and have successfully paired my Zwave smartthings button. How do you setup button commands like 1x 2x held functions? I’m only seeing one entity no matter how many pushes I try.

Here’s a blueprint for the SmartThings Button. Works well. Also, these are Zigbee devices.

Button Blueprint

Thank you!!