SmartThings MQTT Bridge - Update current status

I was running into issues with Battery and other states not being sent except when updated which was rare for some devices. I submitted a PR to the Github for the Bridge to get the current state during each update - this runs each time you save your Bridge and every 15 minutes so now I have accurate readings regardless of the last time the device sent an update.

See here if you are interested in the changes - PR hopefully will be merged soon:

https://github.com/stjohnjohnson/smartthings-mqtt-bridge/pull/67

2 Likes

This is a fantastic patch! Thank you @kylerw as I too had the same issue with battery states not updating.

There is one slight issue with Three Axis data from SmartThings Multi Sensors.

When I add your patch the data pulled looks like this:

When your patch is removed the data returns to normal:

If I trigger a sensor (while your patch is active) normal values will appear back inside HASS but after a 15 minute update occurs the data will pull back incorrectly. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Hmm, let me that a look and I’ll let you know what I can find.

If you look at the log from the bridge, can you see anything around your Three Axis device that might help??

Think I found a fix - I don’t have any ThreeAxis devices so I had to use a simulated one. Give it a shot and let me know if it works.

I’ve updated the PR or, on or around line 493, change:

def currval = device.currentValue("${attribute}")

to

def currval = device.currentState("${attribute}").value

That seems to have fixed everything instantly.

I’ll keep an eye on it but so far so good. Thanks for creating this patch @kylerw it’s very helpful! :slight_smile: