SmartThings sensor devices exposed to Alexa via Nabu Casa are failing to trigger Alexa routines

Nabu Casa hook to Amazon issue with SmartThings devices failing to trigger Alexa Routines.

Amazon routines are failing to trigger on SmartThings sensors exposed via Nabu Casa.

Just started, or at least I just noticed.

The SmartThings sensors (exposed to Alexa in Nabu Casa) are showing up in Alexa just fine, their states are accurate and update in a timely fashion.

The issue is that Alexa doesn’t recognize the trigger event and the Alexa routines I have setup all fail to trigger.

The sensor changes state, Alexa sees that, but yet, it fails to trigger the associated routine.

I have done all the usual fixes, removed and then re-exposed the device using the cloud configuration component for Alexa in Nabu Casa, deleted and re-added the home assistant skill in Alexa, deleted and recreated the Alexa routine. None fixed the issue.

The same sensors, exposed directly to Alexa by the SmartThings skill trigger the same automations, no problem. I do Not want to expose them via SmartThings as they do not allow selective exposure and open everything to Alexa, I have 52 SmartThings devices, and thats just a mess!!

I contacted Amazon directly, they indicate the issue is on the HA side, but will research and get back to me in 2-3 days (got to love Amazons idea of tech support).

Any ideas as to root cause of this, or how I might fix (assuming its possibly my issue??)

I can work around the issue by doing the automation on the HA side, but these are quick, “Door contact opens, announce the door opened and turn on the light” type automations, and are just simpler to slap out on the Alexa side.

================================================
System Health

version: 2021.1.0b2
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.8.7
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.4.79-v8
arch: aarch64
timezone: America/Los_Angeles

GitHub API: ok
Github API Calls Remaining: 4905
Installed Version: 1.9.0
Stage: running
Available Repositories: 775
Installed Repositories: 23

logged_in: true
subscription_expiration: February 2, 2021, 4:00 PM
relayer_connected: true
remote_enabled: true
remote_connected: true
alexa_enabled: true
google_enabled: true
can_reach_cert_server: ok
can_reach_cloud_auth: ok
can_reach_cloud: ok

host_os: Home Assistant OS 5.10
update_channel: beta
supervisor_version: 2020.12.7
docker_version: 19.03.13
disk_total: 57.8 GB
disk_used: 11.6 GB
healthy: true
supported: true
board: rpi4-64
supervisor_api: ok
version_api: ok
installed_addons: Samba share (9.3.0), ADB - Android Debug Bridge (0.6.3), AdGuard Home (2.6.1), AirCast (2.4.1), Almond (1.0.1), Check Home Assistant configuration (3.6.0), Duck DNS (1.12.4), File editor (5.2.0), Let’s Encrypt (4.10.0), Mosquitto broker (5.1), RPC Shutdown (2.2), Visual Studio Code (2.7.0), chrony (1.1.2), Node-RED (7.2.11), Portainer (1.3.0), motionEye (0.10.2), ESPHome (1.15.3), SSH & Web Terminal (7.8.0), Spotify Connect (0.8.2), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.102.0), AppDaemon 4 (0.3.2), Bitwarden RS (0.6.2), FTP (3.5.0), DHCP server (1.2)

dashboards: 1
mode: storage
views: 1
resources: 16

Hi did you ever figure it out?

I have the same kind of problem, but with a binary template sensor, Alexa sees the state change but doesn’t execute the trigger.

Form what I can tell this is the issue:
https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/203317/contact-sensor-doesnt-trigger-alexa-routine.html

But not sure how to solve it…