Haven’t taken the plunge to switching from Smartthings but trying to do my research first. What gotchas can anyone tell me there are with using home assistant?
Right now I can:
- have alexa announce when an open and close sensor is opened or closed (I.e. announces when the garage door is open and closed)
- I can have alexa run routines from Smartthings for me
- I have double tap enabled on some of my GE z wave light switches
- presence detection (have read a lot on this and there are some options I know of - really curious on using BLE sensors because it seems you can use multiple?)
- I can launch routines using the Smartthings app or a button press. - how easy can I edit routines or automations using home assistant?
- I like the aspect of HA to keep everything local but I see it depends on the devices I have whether they will be truly local
- can you run adjacently devices that work natively with HomeKit and exclude them from the HomeKit component of HA to just use the native support?