SmartThings Vision

I just bought a SmartThings Vision Sensor, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be supported in Home Assistant at the moment.

Ah, it looks like it already works. I just had the enable the camera integration.

Hi @joshuaspence , I’m looking at getting one of these… Could you share the functionality exposed to HASS with the standard integrations?

Did you need to pair it via the SmartThings Hub? Or can you pair directly?

Cheers!

I have the same question as Dave :slight_smile:

Hey @joshuaspence, so I bought a couple of these today because a retailer here had them on clearance.

I’ve got the camera setup in ST and have now done the integration steps in HA.

But as this is my only ST device, it’s obviously not showing up immediately. I don’t have a hub if that’s a dealbreaker.

What is this camera integration you speak of? The current HA docs don’t mention cameras.

Cheers

Linton

Update, I have it working as a basic motion sensor. Idk I guess a server restart helped.

Latency seems pretty good.

What I’m really hoping for is a way to expose the ‘person’ detection, not just general motion.

A famous retailer with yellow-black logo I guess? ))
I got one today and trying to connect it. Did you install SmartThings app on your smartphone, create account, add the device there, and then use web hook for HA (as advised in the HA help page)?
(I have no ST hub as well)

Thanks in advance

Lol yep, that’s the one :stuck_out_tongue:

@stenpety Yep that’s pretty much the exact steps I took. But I did the integration a couple of times as it wasn’t showing up but it seemed to be ok after a reboot.

So currently I get the following:

I’m keen for the ‘person’ detection that shows in the smartthings app as well, not just ‘motion’. Anyone have any luck with this?
Cheers

Sadly I wouldn’t even know where to start, but that I’d be much help.

I noticed a dev with the handle “springstan” has had a lot of contributions to the ST component. Maybe we can track him down but @springstan doesn’t seem to yield any results

Hi Lint,
I managed to get the same entities for my 2 Visions. Thanks for the advise to reboot :smile: the device only appears after you hard-reset the Pi.
Do you have any idea on what the top switch does? Does it disable the flashlight?