Smartwings shades setup fails - debug? support?

Hi all,

I got my first matter + thread devices in the form of a couple shades from SmartWings a couple of months ago. Since then, I have been failing miserably trying to set them up. Set them up with home assistant that is: The shades were easy to install, look great, and work great with the remotes… but I would, of course, like to be able to automate their operations with home assistant.

For weeks now I have been trying to get them connect, but no dice. Their support is super nice and super responsive to my messages, but they have not been able to help me. I am out of ideas, so wanted to see if one of these ideas has legs:

Advanced debugging: The logging I am seeing in HA is getting me nowhere. I don’t know if I should instead be checking logs on my phone or maybe my wifi. Any ideas in this direction would be great!

Support: If anyone here would be willing to hop on a video call to work together on debugging my system, I would love to do so. I’d be happy to pay you for your time and would appreciate the help very much!

Thanks!

Make sure your HA is setup to use IPv6 in automatic mode.
Do not have Matter server, Open Thread Border Router, Matter Devices or HA in different VLANs.
Do not have multiple NICs listed in HA.

Make sure you copy the Thread credentials to your phone and if it an Android then make sure to copy it again and check that it says it is already using the credentials.
If it says it has copied them, then you need to clear your Google Play Services cache and redo the copying.