SMETS2 Smart Meter

Just having a smart meter installed and it is one of the newer SMETS2 devices. The engineer mentioned that they are still using up some stock of the older SMETS1 devices but you can refuse to have that installed/ask specifically for a SMETS2.

Anyway from a HA perspective the SMETS2 devices support Zigbee and so should be able to be connected to HA for full live access to the meter info.

Anyone had any success in connecting one of these up?

Been in touch with the people at Hildebrand who are making a SMETS2 variant of their CAD that will be able to access the data. Devices are expected to arrive in the country end of the year of early 2019.
They will have an API available so it should be fairly straightforward to integrate at that point…

@jchasey
I have a real interest in this having just discovered that its Zigbee based. Has this gone any further? I checked out the Hildebrand website, and whilst it looks good its very much oriented towards industry, would be really interested if there is a mechanism for HA access to that data.

No they havn’t come back to me yet. I’ve chased them up today however will post here with any news.

Did they ever get back to you? I’ve just got a SMETS2 meter and would like to integrate it into my setup

Yes they have prototype units available now. Unfortunately I’m no longer at the property with the SMETS2 meter and still waiting on an upgrade at my current place.

Unless things have changed in the last 9 months, the API is through their own servers in the cloud.

This is their device which you can use and then access via their API also.