Smoke detector XS01-WT without Tuya Cloud

Hello,
I bought wifi smoke detector XS01-WT from X-Sense that works with Tuya app. However, these radio to the cloud. I have seen some videos that it is possible to make some devices cloud free (for example with tuya-convert). However, for my devices I can’t find an internal IP address, only an external one from my provider, which is not my WAN address from the router as well as a MAC address.

Is it possible to somehow make these devices cloudfree with tuya-convert, flash a Tasmota firmware or use ESPHome? I think these devices probably have the same chip (ESP8266), but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Hi Thomas71,
your XS01-WT should be able to convert to Tasmota. I have several smoke detectors of that type, that are tasmotized. Since I bought them in eBay with Tasmota on them, I can’t tell you, if this can be done via OTA or only by opening them.
But I´m not sure, if this will bring you a possibility to integrate them into HA, since the detectors seem to not wake up again, when there is a (test) alert. I couldn´t manage this so far with my detectors.

Can you show me how you configured it with Tasmota ?