Snips - better handling of standard intents?

HI,

I’ve just started with Snips, so i’m quite new, but have the feeling that i’m starting to understand things…

I’ve noticed that making your own app, with correct slots helps a lot with getting it to recognize my broken speech. However, i find that it sometimes doesn’t match exactly and in those cases home assistant just throws an exception, instead of saying something or, better, making a better guess.

A simple example:

2019-08-19 21:33:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.snips] Error while handling intent: HassLightSet.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/data/home/homeass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/snips/__init__.py", line 137, in message_received
    hass, DOMAIN, intent_type, slots, request['input'])
  File "/data/home/homeass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/intent.py", line 64, in async_handle
    result = await handler.async_handle(intent)
  File "/data/home/homeass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 199, in async_handle
    [state for state in hass.states.async_all()
  File "/data/home/homeass/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/intent.py", line 110, in async_match_state
    'Unable to find an entity called {}'.format(name))
homeassistant.helpers.intent.IntentHandleError: Unable to find an entity called living room lights

How can this be improved? Can i override the standard intents?

I have also noticed that there’s some apps inside snips that use ‘up’ and ‘down’ for the light-set option, i believe that needs a script to then push brightness up/down for lights. Does anybody have a good script for that?