SNMP bandwidth monitor using statistics

Maybe installing some device inline that does support SNMP.

I’ve contacted Ubiquiti to understand why they aren’t supporting SNMP on the UDR, but haven’t received a reply yet.

You can actually SSH into the UDR and install SNMP, according to some websites I found. It’s “just” a Linux system, after all. That said, I haven’t done it myself and you may void your warranty or right to any support from them.

Thanks, yeah I did read something similar but wasn’t sure. I’ll look into it and see how I go
Thanks again for the reply

Hi Jim,

I have an UDR, I’m wondering if these sensors should work for me as well. Frankly, I’ve never used snmp, I am not aware of the basics either. For example I don’t know if the baseoids are generic, thy are the same for each router, or they are unique. If they are unique, where can I find the ones that work for my UDR?

Is it enough if I just enable snmp, or shall I also grant access rights?

Sorry for the very junior questions and thank you in advance.

Regards,
Zoli

SNMP is not available on the UDR. Good luck getting info out of Ubiquiti: they’re not saying why it isn’t supported or whether it’s on a roadmap.

Hm. You are right. The setting was available, but only for my AP, not for my UDR. First time I thought, that it’s applicable for each device. :frowning:

Take a look at this: Installing snmpd on Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro - Brandon Checketts

I was able to install SNMPD on my UDR but didn’t have time to look for correct baseoid.

2 Likes