SNMP Trouble

Hey all,

I use the apc ups deamon for monitoring my ups.
it works perfect with home assistant. however there is one value missing. i can’t monitor the power consumtion.
It is availible in the webinterface. so there must be a way to get this information.
i used an snmp browser to check all availible options and fount the Ampere (combined with volt makes watt)
Only problem was the browser gaves non numeric OID but google solved that problem for me.
so i added the config bellow (disabled template to rule out errors in the value)
however the value keeps “unknown” and the hass log doesn’t show anything.
i changed the OID to the non numeric one and now HASS shows an error.

pyasn1.error.PyAsn1Error: Malformed Object ID .iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.apc.products.hardware.ups.upsOutput.upsHighPrecOutput.upsHighPrecOutputCurrent at ObjectName: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'iso'

- platform: snmp
    name: "Ups Verbruik"
    host: 172.16.20.40
    community: public
    baseoid: 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.4.3.4
    accept_errors: true
    unit_of_measurement: "A"
    #value_template: "{{((value | int) / 10) | int}}"

The oid is verified at OID repository - 1.3.6.1.4.1.318.1.1.1.4.3.4 = {iso(1) identified-organization(3) dod(6) internet(1) private(4) enterprise(1) 318 products(1) hardware(1) ups(1) upsOutput(4) upsHighPrecOutput(3) upsHighPrecOutputCurrent(4)}
There is no ip restriction in use at the ups (Otherwise my laptop should not connect either)

I have used snmpwalk a few times to try and figure out some oids. I have an ubuntu system that I use to install it (sudo apt install snmp). If you have something similar, maybe give it a try.

I have been trying to get the APC UPS Daemon working and I can’t figure it out. Are you connecting over IP or USB? If IP, do you have some insights you can share?

Thanks!