Snowtire sensor

Published beta-version of Home Assistant sensor to predict if it’s time to change car tires from summer to winter and vice versa.

Have a nice day! :heart:

1 Like

Hello. I added the snowtire sensor in HA UI but it reports a result of unavailable. Is there any variables that need to be configured?

PS. Had to add the weather platform to make it work.

Please read the documentation. Everything that the sensor needs and everything that can be configured is indicated there. I tried to keep the text as short as possible: https://github.com/Limych/ha-snowtire#configuration-variables

Just to check…

‘On’ means winter tyres should be on and ‘off’ means summer tyres?

Thanks for the hard work!!

Will

Better just update the component. The latest version no longer reports “on” / “off”, but “winter” / “summer” – so it is clearer for everyone. :wink:

UPD: It can also write it in your favorite language.

Ah ok, I have the version from HACS and it shows on/off. I guess it is behind the github version?

Just update component via HACS. Latest release: v1.1.1

Hi,

How do i activate the language / translation? I just added Dutch “NL” to the file section

To activate any language, you need to add the corresponding file to the component’s translations folder. You can do this locally manually, but it is better to add the file to the component repository. So other users will be able to use this language as well. To add, please open PR.

Amazing :slight_smile:
Tires changed already :frowning: but see action in fall…
Thanks and best, JR

1 Like

I saved the English file from the custom component folder to nl but it’s still showing up as English text.

I probably missed a step

I did, I saved a copy of the English though I edited the English instead of the Dutch file :rofl:

1 Like

Maybe you missed restarting HA. :wink:

Got this error message starting HA ( 2021.5.5)
Snowtire latests version ( 1.4.0) installed with HACS

Logger: homeassistant.loader
Source: loader.py:791
First occurred: 3:30:12 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:30:12 PM

You are using a custom integration snowtire which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

Do i have to be concerned?

It’s common warning for every custom component. Just ignore it.