Solar Assistant connect to Daly BMS directly via UART/TTL pin 6,8,10

Can anyone help in connecting Solar Assistant with Daly BMS ?
Currently I am using 3 cables directly from Daly BMS rx/tx/gnd to my PI4 device connected to
pins 6,8,10. I am able to read data normally with applications like
/usr/local/bin/daly-bms-cli --device /dev/ttyAMA0 --all
So everything seems fine and my device is /dev/ttyAMA0 which is standart serial port.
The problem is that Solar Assistant can not understand this and is trying to look for outside hardware like dongles from Daly and load drivers similar to

usbserial: USB Serial support registered for cp210x
usb 1-1.4: cp210x converter now attached to ttyUSB0

etc… which is very stupid !!!
Why do i need external hardware and software for something which works out of the box directly ?
Yes i have the original Daly dongle but is is not good !!! Sometimes usb port stuck and i need to restart my PI4 each 2-3 days. Using direct /dev/ttyAMA0 reads the same data as original dongle
(both are serial ports) and i read every 5 seconds for the last 6 months NEVER stuck like the USB dongles.

My questions is how to tell Solar Assistant use /dev/ttyAMA0 for Daly BMS ?
Where are these config files ? Even i can do something static if I have to ?

This is how i tricked it:

Note the adapter from DALY BMS USB … it goes NO WHERE but is enough to trick Solar Assistant to display it.

Now i did link /dev/USB1 to /dev/ttyAMA0 and this way I am using direct serial to my Daly BMS.

No fancy adapters and stupid stuff like that. Never stuck. You can see 3 cables RX/TX/GND to my PI4 board

pins 6,8,10 and they go direct to the BMS.

Situation is not perfect because that adapter is working and spending energy for nothing !

More elegant solution is Solar Assistant to fix their missing bug/feature and allow serial connections or

​ability to point your own device name.

Actually Daly USB adapter is serial too :slight_smile: