Solar PV and Invertor - what automations are you creating?

Hi al! I’m considering a battery, invertor and Solar PV install. But I’m curious…. What automations are folks here using once you have the entities added to Home Assistant???

I don’t yet have the hardware set up to do this, but what I’m planning to do is start with voice announcements when either battery voltage or battery capacity drop to critical levels (46 volts DC and 25% capacity). Future ideas are to disable high-draw devices with heavy duty relays (like the Shelly Pro devices) to conserve power.

The handiest automation I have is one that switches on my geyser if my battery is fully charged.

I use Home Assistant as the timer for my geyser - switch on every day at 15:00 for 3 hours - but also to switch it on when the battery is at 100% to avoid sending power to the grid (I can’t sell power back to the grid).

I also send myself a push notification when the grid power goes off, which is a state I get from my inverter, and switch off high power devices like my geyser and A/C.

I use solar assistant to get data from the growatt hybrid and DIY batteries.
I turn on a grid tie inverter when batteries are high, off when load is high.

Hi justanothernaude,

I like your automation of turning on your Geyser with excess PV and switching off your high power devices. Would appreciate if you could share as I’m struggling to attain the same outcome. I am
a newby and I’m playing with automations. I have a DEYE inverter and am using Solar Assist with
the MQQT Broker in home assistant. I also have a Geyserwise TSE1 Tuya Module.

Please assist

Regards
Lanco

I am also user solar and home assist with 4 growatts 3k.
One automation is to turn the A/C temp up to disable when the dryer runs.
I also reduce the charge rate when batteries are at 96 % for better absortion.
Warn when the dryer is done. Warm when battery currant too high, Cell volts too high or low.
list goes on and I am still learning. Loving it.