Solare Edge Inverter and Inline energy meter

I’m going to get a solar power system installed with Solar Edge inverter.

I’ d like to use the inverter with Solar Edge Inline energy meter (3 phase) for the main power supply.

Can I integrate the inverter and the Inline energy meter into Home Assistant? If yes, How they will connect to Home Assistant?

Have a look at GitHub - binsentsu/home-assistant-solaredge-modbus: Home assistant Component for reading data locally from Solaredge inverter through modbus TCP

Not sure how it works with the Inline energy meter but connecting to the inverter via modbus allows me access to all the stats I need (and I am starting to use the remote control options in automations for the battery I have) .

Does the inverter connect via wifi to Home Assistant?

And the line energy meter is also relevant for me. I hope I can see it too in HA.

I think it needs to be hard wired ethernet rather than wifi to access modbus TCP, though I have heard others have connected it with an ethernet cable to a wifi bridge and it knows know different.

Not sure what the Inline energy meter is or how it works.

I’m not update to date on the latest and greatest SolarEdge products, but in my case, my SolarEdge Power Meter electronics use CT clamps connected to my incoming “main” power lines. The Power Meter electronics, which are external to the inverter, are connected to the inverter’s controller board via serial line. The inverter’s controller board uses wired Ethernet to connect to my home network and in turn the controller sends PV power, and main’s power info to the SolarEdge Cloud portal. HA’s SolarEdge integration gets its data from the SolarEdge Cloud portal.

I don’t use the modbus, but if I did, it would be using the wired Ethernet.

1 Like

Thank you for your information.

This SE API integration into HA is bloody awesome
Up and running in no time - thanks to everyone who put in the tireless efforts to make this happen
It was a keystone to me getting a up and running a HA server in the 1st place
(Pity there isn’t a quick an easy unit conversion of entities from wh > Kwh pulled from the SE cloud!!!)
multiple templates a unit of measure/? (Huh!!!)
Lovin this part of HA… to program some energy smarts you gotta have data!
Now I have it!
Just MO!