SolarEdge - Energy Module

Odd, my SolarEdge and HomeAssistant numbers match exactly.

1 Like

Ok so im having issues with the energy sidebard showing at all, this is what ive done:
(i also have solar edge integration, non-modbus)

IF i understand it correctly i only need to populate a few of the sensors with new attributes for HA to pick it up and show the the sensors sidebar?

This is what ive added to my config to populate the values:

customize_glob:
sensor.solaredge*:
last_reset: ‘1970-01-01T00:00:00+00:00’
unit_of_measurement: “kWh”
device_class: energy
state_class: measurement

(formation is wrong, but not the point)

Seems to work fine but i still dont get a sidebar, and when i search for “energy” in the intergrations i get nothing really.
What im i missing ?

I had removed default_config: for some reason i cant remember. Got it fixed now…

How can I add my battery to the energy module with the official SE web integration?

I obviously need current battery input and current battery output to configure the energy module. But I cannot select any appropriate entity. The only related entity I can see is “storage power” which is I assume is positive on battery output and negative on battery input. But I cannot select this. And probably would need two separate entities anyways, right?

Can I do this with template sensors and/or utility meter? If yes, could anyone share some config? I am totally new to this.

Hi All
I am a newbie with Home Assistant,
I have been trying to get the Solaredge ModBus integration working with HA for over a week now with no luck.
I have a SE4000-16A. i can only get ModBus when I use the lan port to show on the inverter as connected but i am not able to get the integration to work. all the sensors just show up as unavailable. i have searched the web for a solution and am not able to find anything.
any help would be appreciated
I have the IP Address of the inverter it is using port 502 for the ModBus i have made sure that it is using the Lan for the server connection and not Wifi. but when ever i setup the integration all the sensors just show up as unavailable.

In case you don’t get a reply, you may want to try this thread instead:

Hi,

using the solaredge api i often seem to get timeouts or 0 values insted of the expected value. this messes up the dashboard completly.

The absolute values (as seen on the right side) are not effected by it. (it gets only effected if the negativ are before midnight, and the positive again after midnight)

Is there a solution for a default or “null” value if the API is not reachable?

TIA

Not sure if it’s the same thing, but I seem to get roughly 4-hour updates which leaves my graphs very confused. I have two solar systems, the solaredge is the lighter color. Notably, I am certain there was no solar production from 11pm → midnight, seems like a delayed update.

are you pulling the values from the SolarEdge API?

If yes, it can be caused by the following case:

1. Your inverter is producing energy - but can’t submit the information to the API (Webportal) because it is down
  2. The Inverter is storing the information locally, and sending the information to the API as soon the connection is established again.

Therefore, it can happen, that the API is getting the information over night - internally, the API will show it correctly, because the Inverter is also sending the timestamps - but you will probably see the results when they arrive in the Webportal.

I had a similar case last year - and therefore switched back to the direct communication with the inverter.

what did you use to communicate directly to your inverter?
did you use solaredge local or modbus?

I’m using the integration solaredge modbus from Binsentsu

@markpurcell I’m running the latest HA and I see solaredge entities (in Wh), I have enabled them all, but still can’t select them in energy configuration. What am I doing wrong?

@xrado you need to add a sensor with device_class energy. i use something like this:

- sensor:
    - name: "SolarEdge Production Energy Template"
      #state: '{{(states("sensor.solaredge_production_energy") | float / 1000) | round(3)}}'
      state: >-
        {% if is_number(states("sensor.solaredge_production_energy"))  %}
          {{(states("sensor.solaredge_production_energy") | float / 1000) | round(3)}}
        {%- else -%}
          {{ states("sensor.solaredge_production_energy") }}
        {%- endif %}
      unique_id: "solaredge_production_energy_template"
      unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'
      icon: mdi:solar-power
      device_class: 'energy'
      state_class: 'total_increasing'
1 Like

@cchris yes i switched to the modbus version - and never had such problems since.

Awesome! :grinning:

it shouldn’t be neccecary to convert the values into kwh or create another sensor …
At least the ones from the modbus integration should come with all relevant information - and (at least with the current version of HA) you can also add Sensors with Wh to the energy dashboard without any issues.

I’ve just rebuilded my homeassistant - and this time, I’ve just not added template sensors to convert the value.
No issues - everything is working as I expect.

so is it possible to read data from solaredge se17k trough modbus wifi or do i need to install utp cable to it?

I just got my inverter upgraded to solaredge firmware 4.16.23 to enable ModbusTCP over wifi by logging a support ticket with SolarEdge.

Unsure if your model is supported but contact SolarEdge to find out.

https://www.solaredge.com/setapp-inverters-firmware

1 Like

SolarEdge had issues with WiFi Connections recently.
But I think they have solved this with the recent firmware.

To be sure, read the release notes of the firmware and if it is valid for your inverter.

https://www.solaredge.com/de/service/firmware

https://www.solaredge.com/de/setapp-inverters-firmware

1 Like

i have 4.15.119 cpu so this means Modbus TCP over WiFi is disabled right

over lan cable i should be able to get data to HA right? it just annoys me so much you pay for it and cant do shit with it.