SolarEdge Local Integration stopped working

Hi all,
for a while now, I had a SolarEdge Local integration monitoring my solar panels and it worked great. As of this morning it stopped reporting, but the SolarEdge cloud app shows the system is working.

I liked using the local option instead of the cloud option since I had spotty connections to the cloud service.

I can ping the inverter address, but get nothing on its webpage. It’s likely something changed on my inverter, but I wanted to check if anyone else still has their SolarEdge Local integration working.

Thanks.

Have you tried turning the inverter off and on again?

Sounds like it’s web server has crashed.

That was the plan when we get closer to sunset. It’s a nice bright day today. Odd though, it’s been up continuously for almost a year now with no problems.

I did try unplugging the ethernet jack and hoping that would reset the connection, but it did not work.

No luck. Reset and same thing. I’m wondering if my monitoring company updated firmware or changed settings without me knowing.

Is this a custom component or an official integration?

Official integration. I was happy it was available because it doesn’t involve an API Key or cloud service for the data. I could do that if necessary, but . . .

There’s a custom integration that just popped up using a different format that seems to work. I may have to try that. Uses ModBUS and some standard format of solar reporting.

I do plan on calling my monitoring company and asking if they upgraded or changed anything recently.

I seem to have the same issue:

• solar panels got installed two days ago. SolarEdge Local was working fine until a few hours ago.
  • can still ping to the inverter but browsing to the ip-address doesn’t return anything anymore.

Not sure if you’ve found something?

Never got anywhere with this. I thought I enabled ModBUS properly and even that doesn’t appear to be working.

I’ll poke around with it next rainy day.

I did contact my installer and I have a service ticket out. I’m sure this is low priority for them, though since everything is working as far as they are concerned.

Any news on this point? I got nothing after 20th of April 10 am local time. Will try to turn mine on and of tonight.

Same problem here. after a view days (approx 20th of April) I lost the local connection with my converter solaredge. Is there a solution available? Is it a bug in one of the new versions of ha?

I’ve made no progress with it. But I do remember I used to be able to view a webpage from the Solaredge Inverter and now I can’t, so I don’t want to blame HA for it. But it also doesn’t look like my firmware was updated either, so who knows.

I haven’t played around more with the ModBUS options either (still working and now educating kids all day, so time is limited).

Hey Guys, I have the same issue. I have a SolarEdge SE17K inverter and my local web server stopped working some time ago. I did a port scan and found that connections are accepted on both port 80 and 8080. When doing a web request, on TCP level the connection is accepted, but no response is given. It also responds to pings and it sends data to the cloud. So it looks like the local web server has been removed in an automatic firmware update? Does anyone know? I do know that most models of their models do not support a local web server and work only through cloud access. They might just have aligned their products.

If they killed it of, I will probably will use cloud. I generally dislike using cloud for my home automation, but when you choose solaredge you also buy into the fact that your data will end up in the cloud. I also use their app and honestly, it works brilliantly. So I don’t mind very much to get that data also for home assistant. Will have to see what it does to update lag.

For Dutch people here is someone who managed to open port 80 and 8080 again. So seems like the local app is still running on the inverter but you can’t access it locally anymore, because of those ports being blocked.

Dutch post how to open the ports again (I didn’t try it myself yet):
[SolarEdge] poort 80 en 8080 openzetten op het LAN netwerk. - Duurzame energie en installaties - GoT

Update: I didn’t go that route afterall.
I did it this way: