SolarNOC / SolarOS Energy Sensors

Given all the work to add energy to HA, I decided to finally get my solar panel system into HA. I went ahead and adapted some code to create a scraper for SolarNOC/SolarOS systems. These are typically powered by Locus Energy brand monitors such as the Lgate 100 and can be accessed at SolarNOC - Login.

As this is a webscraper, I have no idea how long before it gets shut down or blocked so use at your own risk. You will need to use golang and a MQTT broker to discover devices. This is not a true custom component in HA because it requires golang, but once it’s running it will feed data to HA via the MQTT integration.

Hope this helps some people!

Hi @alandtse - I just stumbled on this thread. I have the SolarNOC account with my solar system. I am a bit of a novice so I didn’t understand much of the installation instructions.

Before I dig in, is this still working? I assume it is as the SolarNOC site doesn’t appear to have changed in 10 years.

I am going to install on Home Assistant OS running as a VM on Unraid. If you have any more specific pointers on where to begin on installation that would be great as I learn this. Thanks.

It still runs for me although there are probably some cleanup tasks to do to match HA’s latest format.