Solax Power in Home Assistant

First I want to apologies because I´m super new on this and I almost know nothing.

I was able to install Home Assistant on a VirtualBox (VM) machine and I would like to add the SOLAX POWER add-on to Home Assistant.

I have Solax Power Inverter X1. I have a main router and then I have a router acting as repeater close to the inverter. Even the WIFI connection is the same, if I check I can see the inverter with Network Watcher from the router acting as repeater (the one close to the inverter) but I cannot see it from the main router. However, I cannot connect to the inverter through the IP address in the browser in neither of the routers. I´m totally uncapable to connect to the inverter through home assistant or by typing the IP address in the browser.

When I click to added I get the following screen asking me for:

1. IP address
  2. Port
  3. Password

QUESTION

1. How do I get the IP address that I need to introduce here? For this, I connected to the Solax Power wifi and typed the IP address 5.8.8.8 to access the configuration. (I´m attaching the configuration that I got).
  2. The port appears by default: 80 (It is this correct?)
  3. Password: I have not idea which password is asking me for here?
    a) Should be this one the WIFI internet password? o which password should I introduce here?
    b) should be this the password the one I introduced for accessing the 5.8.8.8?

Screen I got trying to add the Solax Power add-on

Configuration that I got from the inverter:

Thank you very much

I have the same problem with solax power integration. Can’t connect and not sure what password and port to use

There are a couple of solutions:

1. via solax cloud : PV SolaX inverter cloud sensors via API
  2. via a reverse proxy: SolaX inverter Wifi Reverse Proxy setup
  3. flash firmware wifi stick: https://blog.chrisoft.io/2021/02/14/firmwares-modificados-para-solax-pocket-wifi-v2/
  4. Direct connection: Solax X1 Boost Air Mini : local data

Option 4 is easy and reliable

3 Likes

Any solution for solax G4 pocket lan?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi

Did you find a resolution for integrating the Solax G4?

Just finding my feet with HA, hoping to add PV, Batteries and Solax G4 to HA

Cheers
Mark

Hi, do you happen to know if the third option actually works, I have tried it many times and the firmware check keeps failing

I have the same problem, that i can’t downgrade, but now i am just adapting this solution into my homeassistant

I can’t just copy paste, as the syntax is outdated

Did adapt it and its working manual

Hero! Flashing firmware worked perfectly for me!

1 Like

Maybe you have the same problem I had: It doesn’t work with safari, neither on the iPhone nor on a mac. Worked at once with chrome.

Hello together, I don’t know wether it’s the correct thread

I would learn to integrate a SolaX X3 Hybrid + a normal X3 inverter to HA.
There is one LAN dongle at each inverter with two IP adresses. For the moment they fill information in the SolaX Cloud. The hybrid inverter has a second ethernet port connected to my router. But this is not visible.

Which way to go ? Who has similar equipment ?

I’ve used the API for the last few years on 2 inverts at 2 different locations, works well

It seems no one has answered the OPs third question: the integration is asking for a Solax password. What password is that? My installer says there are multiple passwords for the whole system, I need to know what exactly to ask for.

Can someone please help?