SolaX Solar Inverter Setup Guide

0’s usually mean it’s night time and there is no solar being generated. Was it day or night when you looked at this?

Hi @hotswapster, yes you were correct. It was night time when I looked at it.

I was thinking that I should always see values for network voltage though, but looks like those values only populate when the system is actually ‘working’.

Thanks

my buddy made it, it supports multiple and in the latest pull it handles it much better

1 Like

@KiLLeRRat

Hi, I am the author of the integration. I’m glad it works for you! Could it be that your inverter is not connected a battery?

1 Like

@KiLLeRRat What inverter do you have?

My Hybrid X1 always shows grid values but my X1 boost goes completely offline when no solar generation

If you think about it, the Hybrid’s run themselves off the grid and/or battery as they have the ability to pull from the grid and charge the battery whilst the non hybrid boost does not have the ability to pull from the grid so once the solar goes it dies

Hi @squishykid, I’m not 100% sure about the setup. There is a battery set up but I’m not sure if it integrates with the inverter as if you log on to the Solax portal it shows 0% for the battery but it does show remaining capacity.

Looking at the API/Jason from that open url on the inverters web server, it looks like the integration is displaying all it can.

Thanks for building this integration! Appreciate it :slight_smile:

This above mentioned inverter setup is my dads setup so I’m not 100% sure on the exact details. I will be getting a solar system myself in the next few months so look forward to it and the integration with it.

Cheers,

Hi @rtenklooster and @Erwin_Vos,

Just started some home automation and suceeded in getting my Youless electricity data into Openhab/influxdb and from there to Grafana.
Next is to obtain my Solax X3 inverter data, but as my system is new, I’m unable to connect to the inverter directly. So I’m interested in your method to get the data from the Solax Cloud.
Could give me (or you PM me) further details?

For example, I’m unable to use the login as written in the Yaml:
47.254.152.24:6080/proxy/login/login?password=PASSWORD&userName=USERNAME&userType=5

Kind regards,

@Remco45

I highly recommend the Solax Component created by @squishykid

There’s some info here regarding how to successfully connect to an X1 inverter: https://github.com/squishykid/solax/issues/13

Hi,

One good thing with Solax batteries, is that we can have bi-schedule tarifs, I mean, during the night the electricity is cheaper than during the day, so what I configure was to inject that cheap electricity to the battery. But that is a good idea if it is a cloudy day, if it would be a sunny day, it wouldn’t make sense not to do it. I couldn’t inject power from the sun into a full battery. So my question is:

• has anyone configured this based on the weather for the next day? -> adding a smart decision making to this feature?

Thanks
Pedro

Good question, I have been thinking about that but have an issue with my inverter/battery BMS at the moment not chargining unless i hit the reset button on the battery which is a pian when in the loft

I found with my solax battery that if i set the charge for the economy 7 night rate, it would then use it in the following evening, Yes it not the “free” energy that the sun could provide, but still keeps the bills down in the evening as its economy 7 rate :slight_smile:

I assume this would need access to the inverter API to control the charging state if even possible as on my X1 Hybrid its all done on the control panel and not via the GUI

So, Not sure if its possible to do or not, but if you can access the API to change the charge/discharge schedule on the inverter then you could use dark skies or somthing similar to check the forcast and set as required

There is an API from AccuWeather that has that information :wink:

But we need to have access to the Solax API :frowning:

Hi Richard
Thank you for your great work, I am now pulling data from the cloud into node red, I could not have done it without your flows. I see that there is no battery data do you know it it is possible to get soc, Battery Current etc.
I would much rather be pulling the data directly from 5.8.8.8 as there is very little delay in seeing the data change (not like the 5 mins from cloud) and am trying to get this to work. If you have any more info on this method I would be very grateful. Thanks again for your great work
Ben

Hi Richard.
I am quite new to this and only got my Solax Hybrid last week so could have made mistakes, not even sure it I should post this here.
I am now pulling data directly from the Solax inverter, (no need to go to the cloud) and feeding the object into the fantastic flow provided by [hotswapster] (he made my life so much easier by doing the hard array mapping). To get the data I do a post 5.8.8.8: /?optType=ReadRealTimeData HTTP/1.1 and this returns the jason object with all the information needed for the input to the function node in hotswapsters flow. I think that you can do the post as frequently as you like therefore getting real time data. I also made all the changes to the flow like removing the first 0, all documented in this forum.
The Node Red is running on my pi and to get it to work you need to have the Pi connected to your home network over the Ethernet and the WiFi connection connected to the Dongle WiFi network. I hope this might be useful.
I have just noticed that some of the array mappings are not the same IE Battery SOC is realtimeArray[21]. I guess that here are others that need changing

Hey Guys
I am having a few issues with my Solar installer and we are debating may issues.
But recently I have installed a new modem at home and it may be a coinsidence but my wifi is offline. Not sure if it is due to ip change or installer changed a setting on me .

I cant find where to change wifi settings and pass works

Do you or anyone else have any feed back for me.

Solax Hybrid invertor X3 Hybrid -G1

Also I am new to this site.
Does everyone see this post as I want as much opinions as possible

Hey Guys
I am having a few issues with my Solar installer and we are debating may issues.
But recently I have installed a new modem at home and it may be a coinsidence but my wifi is offline. Not sure if it is due to ip change or installer changed a setting on me .

I cant find where to change wifi settings and pass works

Do you or anyone else have any feed back for me.

Solax Hybrid invertor X3 Hybrid -G1

Hi all, I’m looking for solution for showing actual information and data history from X3 hybrid for Fibaro. I’m willing to pay for learning, how to track a communication from Solax to HC 2 (virtual device). It doesn’t matter if use Raspberry or take communication from cloud.
Many thanks
@hotswapster, @matthewjporter
Sam

@ rtenklooster Hi Richard Did you write the solaxcloud intergration? I have it working but i have a solax smart meter and would like to know if i am missing something as i only have very limited senors from the cloud HA feed back from the API. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all,
i have installed, hassio, nodered, mqtt broker, i’m newbie, i admit but when trying to reaching /ui can’t see anything and recieve this error:
Cannot GET /ui

i installed nodered dashboard node, paste everything, maybe something wrong on mqtt configuration that says it’s missing config but anyway can’t see the dashboard, is there any guide to follow to get my solax data, without using enom or solax portal, but reaching the inverter directly via lan (i can reach it, via rest api, so i only need a good and complete guide to let me poll the inverter e collect data to show it in a dashboard. any help it will be very usefull, thank you!