Solax X1 Hybrid G4 Worked Example

I just wanted to update this thread. My off-peak configuration is working.

Forced Charge Start Time: 01:30
Forced Charge End Time: 06:30
Allowed Disc Start Time: 06:40
Allowed Disc End Time: 01:20

Self Use → Charge from grid is Enabled. Charge battery to 40%.

The only problem; t doesn’t charge the battery at weekends!

Here is a graph showing the last fortnight. You can see the charge to 40% happening (followed by the larger spikes of it being charge by PV) and then there are two gaps, which correspond to the weekend!

I can’t explain this. There is nothing in the settings about the weekend. I’m going to reach out to Solax support to see if they can help!

Hello all,

I am having some problems with displaying my solax sollar pannels on the build in home assistant dashboard. Everything about the api seems to be working. I am using sensor.solax_yield_today as the sensor in home assistant but the sensor has a value that is correcly displaying todays yield ( at the moment 4.3 kwh) but the energy dashboard only shows 2.8. Does anybody have an idea what i might be doing wrong?

Hi Tom, Colin

I have a similar problem, I have a new G4, all want to do is run off the batteries, top up with a bit of solar and recharge with Octopus. I messed with all the settings so much now I have no idea what they should be, could someone help me please. I am also not 100% confident the second CT clamp is in the right place. Really appreciate it if anyone can help me get back on track. If I turn it on and off it works fine for about 10 minutes then it tries tho charge the batteries?

Hello Luca if you use Solax Yeld Today is the total power of the inverter,
if you have connected 2 string on the Inverter you must call first and second string.

- platform: rest
  resource: 
  name: "Solax"
  json_attributes_path: "$.result"
  json_attributes:
    - yieldtoday
    - yieldtotal
    - acpower
    - uploadTime
    - inverterStatus
    - feedinpower
    - feedinenergy
    - consumeenergy
    - soc
    - batPower
    - powerdc1  
    - powerdc2    
    - batStatus
  value_template: 'Active'  # dummy value, not used; avoids the "State max length is 255 characters" error

You must add a new sensor:

- name: "Solax Solar Panel DC1"
  state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.solax', 'powerdc1') }}"
  unit_of_measurement: "W"
  device_class: energy
  state_class: measurement
  unique_id: solax_7
  icon: mdi:solar-power-variant

- name: "Solax Solar Panel DC2"
  state: "{{ state_attr('sensor.solax', 'powerdc2') }}"
  unit_of_measurement: "W"
  device_class: energy