Solcast Global Solar Power Forecast Integration

Awesome, working for me.

had to delete my previous setup as I have two panel directions configured and it was doubling up now that the integration handles that differently. Just entered my API key again and added the forecast back to my energy dashboard and it’s bang on.

Thanks

Still beta and still b little buggy… I have a heap of log message I’ll have to work through to fix a few things

Ah, thanks. Guess I best wait. Beta and I tend not to get along.

Will there be some kind of notification when this is back? There was nothing I saw in the HA release notes about the Solcast integration breaking.

Hello. I am trying to have Solcast PV forecast integration running.
I have it istalled 2.2.3 via HACS.
I have an API key already, but I am stuck in the next step - how to configure?
It seems that I am missing something :frowning:
The only way where it appears is in HACS. I am not able to add integration in Settings as it is not there.
Any advice please?

Have you restarted?

FWIW the next step should be settings>integrations> add new integration.

Enter the API key when prompted

Deleted integration, installed 3.0.5. beta and it works now.
Thanks

I can’t see the Solcast integration in HACS or the main integrations screen on the UI.

Would appreciate a tip on what am I doing wrong? Thanks

On the HACS integration page, click the three dot menu in the top right and select custom repositories.

Enter the github url for this integration and choose integration from the drop down.

Now you can see the integration in HACS and download it. Once downloaded, restart and install via the usual home assistant integrations page.

1 Like

I have installed the integration via HACS and configured it with the JSON format API, but it doesn’t seem to be pulling in any data. Is there something else I need to enable?

I get a lot of these messages in the log lately. Is there something I should do differently please?

This error originated from a custom integration.

Logger: custom_components.solcast_solar.coordinator
Source: custom_components/solcast_solar/coordinator.py:137 
Integration: Solcast PV Forecast (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 09:10:10 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 09:10:10

update_forecast: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/solcast_solar/coordinator.py", line 133, in update_forecast for update_callback in self._listeners: RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

Edit: I checked back through previous release notes and deleted the /config/solcast.json file, restarted HA and kicked off the call to Solcast. Got the same error in slightly different place:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/config/custom_components/solcast_solar/coordinator.py", line 149, in service_event_update
for update_callback in self._listeners:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

Yeah, same error in my logs:

update_forecast: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/config/custom_components/solcast_solar/coordinator.py", line 133, in update_forecast for update_callback in self._listeners: RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

Happening hourly. I guess something changed and needs a tweak from the Dev.

I’ve just set up Solcast and installed the integration. I have two sites registered on Solcast, as I have two different orientations for my panels. I only have one API key, and it looks like the integration is combining the two sites ok in that today’s today roughly matches my actual. Is that all I need to do to combine them?

Yes, I have the same.

1 Like

Hello
Why all my solcast values only update every 1h, as normally it could be every 30 minutes?

Did you just select one solar production for the Solcast forecast production or did you add it to both of your arrays?

I’ve got the same thing with front and back panels but was unsure which array to add the forecast to.

With the new version of this integration you add your API key and it adds both automatically.

Mine too, would like to figure out how to update more frequently, particularly in low power periods or the afternoon.

can you not use the service in an automation?

I could indeed, had I known about it, I don’t remember reading anything on the documents about it. Found it now, thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

My solar install was commissioned today (after weeks of delays!). I have panels on FOUR roof faces and TWO inverters as I have a two phase power supply (don’t ask). I’ve set up two accounts at SolCast and have set up my two systems (one per account, two roof faces per system). The forecast looks all good (can’t comment on accuracy obviously) but I cannot bring both data sets into HA with the integration. I’ve set it up with my two API keys separate by a comma, and I’ve tried setting up the integration twice each with their own API key. Individually they seem to work…but together I only get 15 entities (it’s 13 for one on its own), and the two ‘diagnostic’ entities that I do get just revert to 0 and refuse to update. I had kind of expected just to get two of everything…but no… :frowning:

Not sure if I’m missing something or not…I have a funny feeling I’m missing something obvious.

Any pointers?

Cheers!