Solution to track your google home alarms and timers and trigger different home assistant events

You can put the proto files in any directory, as long as the directory structure from the original download is preserved. The location of the topmost folder is configurable in the script itself, under protoPath.

A Youtube video where someone shows himself/herself doing this would be awesome for many newbies (like me lol).

2 Likes

I am looking to do this , but i cant find how.
The google home component gives an error on loading that page too.
IS this component gone?

How can i read alarms/Timers? or even set it?

itā€™s gone the api has been walled off as far as I know.

@chvancooten says he knows a way , is that useless too?
it doenst look easy though

Or look here https://github.com/ludeeus/googledevices/issues/44#issuecomment-511360596
At the end, it says its merged

So might we see a new integration then?

1 Like

Maybe in the future currently itā€™s dead.

ow a pity :frowning:

Iā€™d keep an eye on it tho.

1 Like

I hope this gets fixed. Iā€™m hoping to get my google home alarms into HA.
If iā€™m looking at this right. The issue was something to do with API token. But it looks like its been fixed?

Iā€™m not so sure.

@skank @ddjj767

I wouldnā€™t count on Google bringing back the unauthenticated local API. It is possible to get the API to work, but itā€™s gonna be a bit more of a hassle than it was. Unfortunately it will likely stay like this.

Since this is a hard thing to integrate natively in homeassistant, I think the script above (or a similar workaround) provides a nice solution. Feel free to pm if you need help setting it up!

Please update the OP to reflect current status.

Cheers, Richard

Pitty this is closed off I have just decided I wanted this myself! Find it annoying that I set a timer in the kitchen for dinner and it doesnā€™t play on the others around the house so thought use HASS to detect next timer and announce around the house.

@chvancooten iā€™m in desperate need to get it to work, but it sounds so hard to get it working, and will this stay working?

@skank
Itā€™s not too hard to get it to work, provided you can have access to a machine (preferably Linux) where you can set up the script to run as a cronjob. This will automatically take care of periodically pushing the tokens into your Hass, where you can use them. It does require some setting up since thereā€™s some dependencies, but overall itā€™s doable.

Willing to help me with that?
Iā€™m running HA OS on a raspberry pi
so thats linuxā€¦ ur dutch btw? might be easier since iā€™m dutch

Maybe its possible to use a shell command to run it and use an automation to trigger it?
see How to execute a bash script time-based (weekly)?

Still help would be needed

Iā€™m guessing (didnā€™t try) that this is not going to work on HassOS, as you need full shell access and you also need to run some python dependencies. You could run it on another machine and push the retrieved tokens to Hass using the api, though, adjusting the script for that should be easy enough!

That it should run on the same machine :frowning: guess a no go then :frowning:

I manage to draft a little python package that is extracting google devicesā€™ tokens that can be used for REST requests to local google assistant devices. If there will be interest Iā€™ll try to find some time to automate it in Home Assistant, so it will periodically fetch those tokens, so they could be used inside HA.

See the https://github.com/leikoilja/glocaltokens on how to get local tokens.

And https://rithvikvibhu.github.io/GHLocalApi/ for how to use these tokens for manipulating your google devices.

2 Likes

My needs were pretty basic, but rithvikvibhuā€™s token extract prog + the shell script from @chvancooten (for sending the extracted token to HA) gave me what I need:

2 Likes

That would be lovely!
Iā€™m still in desperate need to be able to do automations in HA based on the alarms in google hub.
For now , the only thing possible is what happens in this thread :frowning:

So yeah, interested a lot here ! Although i have no skill or understanding to do or help smth
Running hass OS
Edit: would it be available via an addon? Would love that.