[SOLVED] Can't install Honeywell Climate Platform

Received this error when trying to install Honeywell Climate any help would be appreciated.

2017-11-29 19:43:12 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] Error while setting up platform honeywell
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 171, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=self.hass.loop)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py", line 400, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py", line 293, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 55, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/honeywell.py", line 62, in setup_platform
    return _setup_round(username, password, config, add_devices)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/honeywell.py", line 74, in _setup_round
    for i, zone in enumerate(zones):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/evohomeclient/__init__.py", line 73, in temperatures
    self._populate_full_data(force_refresh)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/evohomeclient/__init__.py", line 33, in _populate_full_data
    userId = self.user_data['userInfo']['userID']
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

You need to have a valid username password for your device.

My configuration look like this:

climate:
  - platform: honeywell
    username: !secret honeywell_connect_username
    password: !secret honeywell_connect_password
    region: us
    scan_interval: 600
    away_temperature: 20.0
    cool_away_temperature: 30.0
    heat_away_temperature: 16.0
1 Like

Figured it out. I was missing the region property.

Thanks for you help.

In an effort to avoid creating multiple threads, I’m also having an issue with the Honeywell platform and would appreciate any help I can get. Here’s the log details:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 179, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 399, in async_process_entity
    new_entity, self, update_before_add=update_before_add
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 247, in async_add_entity
    yield from entity.async_update_ha_state()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 210, in async_update_ha_state
    state = self.state
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py", line 439, in state
    if self.current_operation:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/honeywell.py", line 268, in current_operation
    oper = getattr(self._device, ATTR_CURRENT_OPERATION, None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/somecomfort/client.py", line 273, in equipment_output_status
    return EQUIPMENT_OUTPUT_STATUS[self._data['uiData']['EquipmentOutputStatus']]
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not NoneType

I’m running version 0.58.1 if that helps. I’d appreciate any help someone could provide!

What’s your configuration? Here’s mine:

climate:
  - platform: honeywell
    username: !secret email_benoits
    password: !secret honeywell_password 
    region: us
    scan_interval: 300

I believe that I have the exact same configuration other than the “!secret” variable names.

The honeywell module always seems to have issue with the “EQUIPMENT_OUTPUT_STATUS” portion that I can’t figure out. When I attempt to log in using the somecomfort module directly I get a valid response for the “–get_equipment_output_status”, though I need to also include the “–username” and “–password” arguments otherwise I get a 401 error.

Would you be willing to share what version of the Honeywell thermostat you have working with Home Assistant? I believe mine is the RTH6580WF.

I have the RTH8580WF

Thanks for the quick response! One last question: what version of Home Assistant are you running? I may try to load a fresh install to see if that fixes it since your thermostat seems to be near identical to mine.

I have the same thermostat as @bentcarhood, and I started receiving more errors when I moved onto to 0.58 (prior to that I was on 0.57) - they don’t occur that often, but I do get them. What I have to do is clear the notifications (something around messages being lost) from the web interface or mobile app. Didn’t get these under 0.57, but I’m not sure if it was just coincidental when I moved from 0.57 to 0.58

I’m running 0.58.1.

Sounds like I am having the same experience as @rsachoc.

Getting these but it seems to still work.

SomeComfort update failed, Retrying - Error: ('Connection aborted.', ConnectionResetError(104, 'Connection reset by peer'))

I am getting this error as well and mine seems to work if I update it from the website however if I try to update with automation while getting these errors it fails. It seems to be ok for about 1 hour both then I see this error every 10 mins. Did you ever figure it out