[SOLVED] ConBee II and Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee integration

One of my eurotronics keeps connecting via router (philips or ikea light) to the coordinator but it would eventually drop out and would become unresponsive. If I kill the power to these routers it will connect directly to the conbee 2 and all is good. Is there a way to force the eurotronic to always connect directly to the coordinator and not mess with routers in between?

is the thermostat too far away? I think the routers act as amplifiers between your conbee stick and the thermostat which will become unresponsive after some time. As far as i know this is not possible, because the devices always build a meshnetwork

I’ve just received two of these thermostats, time to start moving away from DECT-ULE for the thermostats.
It’s a bit confusing that it keeps saying ‘Jin’ (join) in the display, even after it has joined, but I guess that when the ‘antenna symbol’ is lit constantly, that indicates it is joined.
I’ve gotten the first one joined, and I can see it in the VNC display (not in the HA plugin overview).
It shows Eurotronic as Manufacturer, and SPZB0001 as model id.
But it doesn’t show up in HA, as far as I can see? How long should it take to show up?

I think newly added devices are discovered in the background without restarting Home Assistant but a restart may speed up the process.

Nevertheless it should not say JiN constantly. Did the 2nd device also successfully join the mesh and is already displaying the target temperature? I’d suggest you don’t try to examine why they are not showing up in Home Assistant until they behave as described in the manufacturer’s manual (should progress from JiN to InS to AdA to Target Temperature, eg. 22.0)

Ok, the other one went better. I added it again as a sensor, and in deconz it said it found one, which the first one never did (didn’t show it of course in the list), it didn’t change from Jin until I pressed the O button, then it said inst and then installed it and pressed O button again, and then it adapted and after that went to the degree display.
It is also described as a thermostat in the header in VNC, the other one is not.
So how do I remove it from the zigbee mesh, to try and readd it from scratch?

EDIT:
Ok, I found out how to delete from the VNC console.
I can add it back in, but it doesn’t say ‘found’ in the Deconz interface, and the header is still not ‘Thermostat’ but a hex number.

EDIT2:
Heureka! It found it. I had to press ‘read’ a few times until the header changed to Thermostat(2), and at that point it also said in deconz that it found a sensor.
Brilliant

1 Like

I just wanted to reiterate the procedure that worked for me.

1. Open VNC and connect it to the conbee/deconz
  2. Make sure the ‘Cluster info | Node info’ buttons are showing bottom left of the window, if they are not, go to the Panels Menu and uncheck it and recheck it, and it will appear.
  3. Reset the thermostat, so that the display on it reads Jin.
  4. Go to the HA-Deconz-Addon, search for new sensor
  5. Monitor the VNC, and as soon as the thermostat appears, click on it in the display on the last grey circle, and in the menu shown below the device, click on Basic, and click on Cluster Info in the bottom left off the window. This will display what it currently knows about the device.
  6. In the attributes window in the left part, press read a few times until the attributes gets populated, and the Manufacturer shows Eurotronic, and Model Identifier shows SPZB0001, it should also change the name of the device to Thermostat in the mesh display.
  7. When it is read successfully, return to the HA-Deconz-Addon, it should now show sensor found (the thermostat will not show in the list).
  8. Press O on the thermostat, it will change the display to Ins.
  9. Install the thermostat, and press O again, it will show Adp and adjust to the thermostat, and hopefully all is successfull, and it will change to showing degrees, if it shows some sort of error (Ex) consult the manual, as it is probably because it can’t move the thermostat pin, or the adapter is not fixed to the thermostat properly.
  10. The thermostat will now show in HA as climate.thermostat.

EDIT: Updated with a step (2).

5 Likes

Thanks for documenting the steps!

I get stuck at step 5, only “configuration tool 1” is visible in the network, while I try to connect the thermostat (on thermostat pressed a button and Jin is displayed; in Phoscon web-app: “add new sensor->other”).

Probably will return the thermostat and try with another one (it is already disappointing that you can’t set up the temperature manually before entering a network).

Hi, with the help of your documentation I successfully integrated the thermostat into a HomeAssistant! :slight_smile:

But unfortunately I can’t control the thermostat, no matter what I enter, the thermostat doesn’t react and the temperature always stays the same.

Is there anything else I have to consider?

Hi @Noah, you should take a look at the github
There is something you can do with ‘binding’ them, I can’t remember. But if you don’t press ‘read’ on all the fields shown in the VNC for the thermostat it will not populate it correctly.

I found out that I can set the heatpoint via VNC (Attribute: Occupied Heating Setpoint) but unfortunately it does not work with HomeAssistant.

Hi,
I’m stuck as Noah, same situation.
Hope solve the problem, I just bought 4 thermostats :confused:

I have exactly the same problem. I just bought one last week. The integration went without problems, only changes are not passed on. I received the old version from a colleague yesterday and have no problems with this one.

It looks like there is a problem with the new firmware the thermostat. But the problem is already known. Should be fixed with next deCONZ version.

The last posts are about the heatpoint issue:

Hi, how exactly do you do this in the deCONZ interface? In the menu under Edit, I can pick “Permit Join”, do you mean that?

I mean search for it visually :slight_smile:

Ah, ok :sweat_smile:
Do I have to set the environment to some special “join” mode or something first?

Youve’ done that in phoscon, right?

@Noah @icemtel @fribse @TTHome @RolWol
I am currently looking for a Zigbee thermostat solution in Germany and the only one I can find are these Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee… how complex is the integration now? I don’t really want to work in the Phoscon web app and or rely on beta software and hotfixes. Is it plug 'n play now, like Aqara sensors, Hue lights, et cetera? Otherwise I am thinking of just getting the Fritz! DECT301/Eurotronic Comet DECT thermostats since it seems like its just not the right time for Zigbee and thermostats, am I wrong?

I would really appreciate a honest feedback.

how complex is the integration now?

I would advise against using it at this point in time. Pairing is quite complex, and the latest model numbers / firmware breaks the essential feature to change the temperature setpoint on the thermostat.

I see it like Kasper. At the moment you cannot use the thermostats properly with Deconz and Homeassistant.
I got myself a thermostat for testing and will probably send it back if the problem with the new firmware (temperature cannot be set remotely) is not solved soon.