[SOLVED] ConBee II and Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee integration

Hi,
I’m stuck as Noah, same situation.
Hope solve the problem, I just bought 4 thermostats :confused:

I have exactly the same problem. I just bought one last week. The integration went without problems, only changes are not passed on. I received the old version from a colleague yesterday and have no problems with this one.

It looks like there is a problem with the new firmware the thermostat. But the problem is already known. Should be fixed with next deCONZ version.

The last posts are about the heatpoint issue:

Hi, how exactly do you do this in the deCONZ interface? In the menu under Edit, I can pick “Permit Join”, do you mean that?

I mean search for it visually :slight_smile:

Ah, ok :sweat_smile:
Do I have to set the environment to some special “join” mode or something first?

Youve’ done that in phoscon, right?

@Noah @icemtel @fribse @TTHome @RolWol
I am currently looking for a Zigbee thermostat solution in Germany and the only one I can find are these Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee… how complex is the integration now? I don’t really want to work in the Phoscon web app and or rely on beta software and hotfixes. Is it plug 'n play now, like Aqara sensors, Hue lights, et cetera? Otherwise I am thinking of just getting the Fritz! DECT301/Eurotronic Comet DECT thermostats since it seems like its just not the right time for Zigbee and thermostats, am I wrong?

I would really appreciate a honest feedback.

how complex is the integration now?

I would advise against using it at this point in time. Pairing is quite complex, and the latest model numbers / firmware breaks the essential feature to change the temperature setpoint on the thermostat.

I see it like Kasper. At the moment you cannot use the thermostats properly with Deconz and Homeassistant.
I got myself a thermostat for testing and will probably send it back if the problem with the new firmware (temperature cannot be set remotely) is not solved soon.

Definitely not as easy as “plug and play”; in the end I had no luck since the thermostat was not seen by the zigbee dongle.

What you mean by that? I use AppDaemon with Schedy and set the thermostat temperature via Schedy scripts automatically (i.e. cool down bedroom at 10pm to 16 degrees). This all works - including temperature control via UI and app.

Recently bought Zigbee Spirit devices do not function as expected with deCONZ. For more info, se this thread: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/1098

I have 4 older eurotronic thermostats, and they work ok.
I can set the temperatures via the zigbee, but I’ve had to build all the thermostat logic in node-red, as the logic inside the eurotronic doesn’t work like expected.
Furthermore if you follow the long discussion as Kasper points to, the newer thermostats have changed the logic a lot, so now not even the simple manipulations I do, will work :frowning:

A new deconz version with some bugfixes has been released. Pairing of the thermostat works now without problems and also setting the temperature works.

@Noah How fast does the HA set the temperature for the Eurotronic Zigbee? I now got 3 Fritz! DECT301s, but they take up to 15 mins. to update which is super annoying… if the Zigbee thermostat works almost immediately I just swap them out completely.

Thanks!

The Zigbee thermostats react almost immediately, I guess after about 5 seconds.

I just got a Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee today (16.11) from Amazon DE and connected it via VNC (deCONZ) / Phoscon through the Conbee II to the Home Assistant (was quite a hassle… even as a software engineer). Once everything was setup I couldn’t for the sake of god set the temperate of the thermostat and also the display has such a bad viewing angle that it just wasn’t any fun to play with and if you can’t look on it from a 90° angle (top down) you won’t see anything. I just keep the DECT301s and live with the 15min delay of them, they work flawlessly otherwise… I read through every single blog post, community thread/post and everything, apparently the new Eurotronic Zigbees have a buggy firmware. I won’t invest the costs of 6-7 Spirits for something that unstable, and stressful, sorry :(. Just wanted to get this out here to warn any future Home Assistant fellows that think of getting one of those.

Edit: I forgot to update the deCONZ addon itself, I only updated the Conbee II since it mentioned a fix for the Eurotronic devices but that wasn’t enough. Once you update deCONZ you don’t even have to fiddle around with deCONZ but can add the Eurotronic just like an IKEA sensor from the well designed Phoscon app.

Are you sure, that you’ve got the newest Deconz version? The was an update 2 or 3 days before. Since the update i’ve got no problems with pairing and setting the temperaturen.

Noah you were indeed right. I updated the Conbee II gateway but not the deCONZ add-on itself. I was confused because the Conbee II update mentioned the malfunctioning Eurotronic devices aswell.
But now another question. The thermostat card in HA has a turn off/on button and the wheel. How did you configure it to control the Eurotronic Spirit Zigbee? The wheel ranges from 7 to 35 which is too much at the top and to little at the bottom. I want it to turn off the device when its at 0 or when I hit the turn off button. Right now the button doesn’t do anything… any hints @Noah