[Solved] Flashing Shelly Plug S with USB (Pinout)

Hello!

I bricked my Shelly Plug S after installing ESPHome via OTA.
There are programming pads on the device, but I could not find which header is for which pin. There is no text on the board and also there is nothing on the iNet. I found other devices, but none did look like mine.

Probably someone knows the pinning here in the forum. Attached you will find a picture of my device.

THX,
Jasmin

Hello!

I discovered the pinning and could flash the device.
If someone else has the same problem, you find attached a picture with the pinning description.
Note that TX/RX means the programmer side!
So the TX pin of your programmer needs to be connected to the connector named TX (ESP RX) in the picture. And the RX pin of your programmer needs to be connected to the connector named RX (ESP TX) in the picture.

Jasmin

I just bricked one to, OTA to Tasmota worked fine but then the upgrade to ESPHome bricked it. Did you flash it to ESPHome over USB?

How did you contact it? Did you find a way without soldering it?

Hi, if anyone looking for info (or I need to remember how I did it) I used a VoltLink CP2102N and flashed my two Shelly Plug S.

Used the picture above for reference but i connected ‘GPIO 0’ to the ground on the VoltLink then i got it working.

Used esptool on Windows.

esptool.py --port COM4 write_flash -fs 1MB -fm dout 0x0 tasmota.bin

1 Like

Anyone wasting their time with this: the above picture shows reversed TX/RX pins. I pulled my hair, it didn’t work.

It worked for me the other way around as correctly described on the Blackadder page of the device, picture for reference:

References:

Direct link to pinout: