[Solved] hassio_audio is in boot loop and spams my syslog with errors

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I’m noticing this issue on my Pi4.

It doesn’t seem quite as persistent as in some of the earlier threads but I noticed pulseaudio kept going between 0% and 14% every few seconds…

When I look at the hassio_audio stats it does the same:

I’m running Raspian bullseye 5.10.92-v7l+

HASS system info as below

System Health

version core-2022.3.0
installation_type Home Assistant Supervised
dev false
hassio true
docker true
user root
virtualenv false
python_version 3.9.9
os_name Linux
os_version 5.10.92-v7l+
arch armv7l
timezone UTC
Home Assistant Community Store
GitHub API ok
GitHub Content ok
GitHub Web ok
GitHub API Calls Remaining 4954
Installed Version 1.23.0
Stage running
Available Repositories 999
Downloaded Repositories 3
Home Assistant Cloud
logged_in false
can_reach_cert_server ok
can_reach_cloud_auth ok
can_reach_cloud ok
Home Assistant Supervisor
host_os Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
update_channel stable
supervisor_version supervisor-2022.01.1
docker_version 20.10.12
disk_total 916.8 GB
disk_used 11.3 GB
healthy true
supported failed to load: Unsupported
supervisor_api ok
version_api ok
installed_addons Mosquitto broker (6.0.1), Node-RED (11.0.4), InfluxDB (4.3.0), Grafana (7.4.1), File editor (5.3.3)
Lovelace
dashboards 1
resources 0
mode auto-gen

It’s less of an issue as it isn’t permanently stuck at high CPU but it’s certainly not great that it keeps spiking like this, any suggestions much appreciated.

Have the same exact issue as you described but, as it has not become critical until now, I have not tried it myself, but here’s the latest I found on this topic:

1 Like

I followed the code @Dominik.W posted, but when I start the Rhasspy add-on, hassio_audio shoots back up to 100%. (If you’re not familiar, Rhasspy in an offline voice assistant, so it is always listening to a wake word).

What’s weird is that Rhasspy was working before (though unclear is hassio_audio was going crazy the whole time), but at some point, it wouldn’t detect/connect to my usb mic. I think the hassio_audio bootloop and the inability to detect my mic is related.

I’m a little lost on what the cause of the bootloop was, do you have any insight on what might be going on? Or how to troubleshoot it? - I miss my voice assistant. :laughing:

EDIT: Things got worse. On restart, my pi won’t connect over ethernet. Lights still blinking, but no connection. How do I undo those instructions?

I dont think the script or add on posted above is working on the latest versions of HA.

I tried it but whatever I do Im still getting pulse audio errors in system logs (on a loop)

pi 4 / HA supervised.

Check here for a v2 version of the script, which is working for me in the latest HA stable version.