[SOLVED] HASSOS mount NAS network share

Never tried as it seems for me harder to do.
When i will do a new image i will definitely update to OS 9 and check that.
Regarding sda3 sda5 if its working for you then its fine. Because when you boot HAOS you see for a split second a boot menu where you can choose to boot sda3 or sda5 if i understand correctly

btw did you run it as sudo? just asking if no, can you check again?

Yes i run all in sudo, i tried haos 8.5 today same issue with sda5. sda3 is fine. same problem still frigate is writing to local folder and nas shared.

hmmmmmm :thinking: interestingā€¦Installing a new HAOS to test itā€¦

Okay so i found the problem. sda3 is squash as was before but the sda5 is something new for me it seems like its nilfs2 or maybe other, need to google and try to figure it out

Its working with newest HASS ! :slight_smile:

Please try new script:

1. Boot as ussual old image gparted
2. click on Network settings and after 1sec press enter (now you have internet online)
3. open terminal, write 'cd /home/'
4. write 'sudo rm execute.sh'
5. write in terminal 'sudo wget "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ukrolelo/hassos_nas_mount/dev/execute.sh" '
6. write in terminal 'sudo chmod +x execute.sh'
7. write in terminal 'sudo ./execute.sh'
Fill everything and reboot, give me info, thx

After you confirm will change the script in the image, i am not ready to move it to config yet :sob:

1 Like

you can just go to host, try to mount from the shell first.
Then you put the same settings to fstab
First try from shell:

mount -vvv -t cifs -o username=user,password=password,domain=WORKGROUP  //ip/share /mnt/data/supervisor/media
1 Like

awesome, thanks!, i can confirm that the new script works flawlessly. on haos9.0 . Frigate is working fine as well backups are good (just excluding media folder & Frigate addon during backups.) thank you very much for your work!.
By the way , any tips on the Proxmox Backup?
I backed up pre and post to see if the backup file size problem is still there. It is not as bad as before but my proxmox is still growing.
yesterday , 9pm - Haos storage = 23%, VM backup size = 17 GB
today , 8am - Haos storage = 23% , VM backup size = 80 GB
, I donā€™t know what else am I missing, the VM is shutdown when I backup so I reckon the mount is not active . You mentioned your VM backups are ok. any idea what could it be?

Thank you for feedback! Will update the image!
Regarding backups, i really donā€™t know without seeing it remotely :frowning: .
Maybe try to remove the fstab, just clean it and let the script resquash the image.
Make double check afterwards that fstab is really empty and go to HASS and check in media if there is something or not :-/

checked again 10pm today. Iā€™m back to square one, the haos storage is growing still. This is not related to the VM backup storage (that is a parallel issue). So what happens is when I install only Frigate add-on, the haos storage is not growing, all the snapshots, recordings, clips are written to the NAS.
Once I installed Frigate Integration, it will create a separate folder outside the Media (NAS) folder. hence it is also occupying the haos storage.

i was wondering, can i have two mounts in the FSTAB? one for the main ā€˜/mnt/data/supervisor/mediaā€™ folder and one for /mnt/data/supervisor/frigateā€™ ? so that when Frigate Integration is installed it will map it to the second mount?

it shouldnā€™t be the Mount i guess, because when the VM is shutdown, the mount is also not active there is no linkage between the turned off VM and the SMB share. but there are files occupying the VM, even though within Haos level there is no file size increase which is so weird.

how to do this? is this done via the gparted terminal?

Ohhh that was the issue, Yes you can, but we donā€™t know the location of that folder, It can be in a container or something. This would be hard to debug.

Hmm but as from what i can see it is making folder outside the media folder :thinking:
Why are you using integration?

Maybe you need to do this?

Put inside media folder? like this:

homeassistant:
  media_dirs:
    local: /media/frigateint
    recording: /media/frigateint/recordings

I am just guessing

integration is more important to me than the add-on as i use it for automation based on object detection from frigate (e.g lights turn on when person detected) etc.

But you can use it even with addon. I am using it for perimetr person alarm :slight_smile: I am using MQTT to read detection

Hello All, just to provide an update. HAOS has been working flawlessly for a few days. I have frigate add-on v0.11.0 and Integration v3.0.0 installed. My NAS now has 400GB worth of footage. My HAOS storage has still been at 45% (not changing) my VM backup has been consistently at 17GB. I my auto-backups in HAOS and Proxmox are working as expected (am just excluding the Media Folder). It just sorted out itself for some reason. The only thing different I did was to uninstall frigate add on and integration , reboot supervisor and installed again frigate. must be some incorrect directory structure from the old backup. thanks to this Forum and special thanks to Ukro for helping out!!

1 Like

Hi all

Iā€™m using HA in a Proxmox VM, how can I use a NAS shared folder and, possibly, available also in the addons ?

Iā€™ve used this script to install HA in a Proxmox VM

Thanks

Hi,
you should manage to go through my tutorial and do all the necessary steps.
Let me know if you will be having problems.
I didnā€™t updated the script yet, so you would need to download a updated script from github from dev branch. I hope will find some time and update it to the main branch :slight_smile: